Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pford
    I need one also could some one send a copy to pford@iname.com - thanks
    If I couldn't find something I wanted, I might check news:alt.binaries.warez.palmpilot; if I had a good news server, like Giganews; if I really wanted it...

We have the same issue as others. The client connects to the gateway, but then we can not communicate with internal sites. The device never recieves a private address from the gateway. We use a checkpoint vpn NG solution.

It seems hard to find suppor for the client. You would think for $99.00 you could get some phone tech support.

Treo650
    Cingular
    Lastest software 7/25/2005
    I would like to be be able to work on computers at work from my treo650. I can do this from any computer connected to the internet by connecting to the work vpn server. then running microsoft remote desktop, VNC or PC anywhere to view and control the computer activity at work.
    Can this be done using Mergic VPN or is there some other solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by RossAllen
    I would like to be be able to work on computers at work from my treo650. I can do this from any computer connected to the internet by connecting to the work vpn server. then running microsoft remote desktop, VNC or PC anywhere to view and control the computer activity at work.
    Can this be done using Mergic VPN or is there some other solution?
    There are two types of VPN.
    IPSec VPN
    PPTP VPN

PPTP is similar to the type of VPN that is built in to Windows XP. When you create a new 'advanced' network connection and select VPN. This is PPTP. It's also the type of VPN generally built in to home routers like Linksys's

IPSec VPN is largely used by, for example, Cisco VPN concentrator (the server side) and on the PC you run the Cisco VPN client to connect. I think winXP also has IPSec rules built in, but it's somewhat difficult to configure.

So it depends what your company uses. Most corporations run a 3rd party solution like Cisco which is IPSec.

MergicVPN is PPTP VPN
    MovianVPN is IPSec VPN
    They are the only two VPN clients I've ever been able to find for Treo.
    So step 1 is finding out which you need. Step 2 is working with IT to figure out how to configure Movian VPN to connect to your company. My company uses encryption settings on the VPN endpoint that Movian doesn't support (although they could set up compatible settings, they don't becuse the are lower encryption.) So I'm screwed.

Movian VPN is now sold by Antha software as "Antha VPN" http://www.anthavpn.com/

And note, PPTP VPN (Mergic) will not work on Cingular Media Net, but will on the PDA Connect if you use custom settings.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Can anyone provide the Checkpoint settings as I can not gain access to the data on this link...thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    I was looking for Checkpoint configuration files and found few more documents (for other GWs as well) here:

http://www.firstloox.org/index.php?categoryid=22
    If these files are still available - can anyone PM me, please? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by falcomi
    Thank you all!

Now, if I can only find a true Lotus Notes Email client that:
    1. Does not require a Thin Client/Server install on company computer (mNotes), nor a Desktop redirector running tethered to network.

From what I have read mNotes comes the closest, unfortunately without desktop redirector or thin client server install, no good..from CommonTime website:

Note: Laptop PCs can dial directly into Domino servers but PDAs cannot do this because
    a) the Domino server uses Lotus's proprietary XPC protocol (it does not support dialup TCP/IP connections) and
    b) Domino only allows connections from genuine Notes clients i.e. machines that have a Notes ID file on them

Anyone know of a way to Pull Lotus Notes Email with a Palm client?
    falcomi/crp,
    you guys ever find a solution to your Lotus Notes Email needs...I just recently switched jobs and went from Outlook to Lotus Notes V6 and can't find a solution for getting email on my Treo, other than with a redirector or forwarding which I can't do (IT issues)...
    Hi all,
    I just like to share, that i test out the Movian VPN on my Treo 650.
    I use cingular as a provider and work just fine
    Regards
    SuperDude
    Hi, I've been looking all over the internet for this software and I haven't found it. The places where I'm supposed to buy it seems fishy at best, and i wonder if any of you could help me find it?

I need something to connect to vpn with on my palm T|X.

Regards, pleb
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    FYI. I did not have any luck getting the Movian VPN client to connect to a CheckPoint VPN-1 NG FP3 linux based server with a Verizon Treo 650. I believe it has something to do with the Movian client being too insecure for the NG FP3 box to connect with. The error message on the firewall is, "IKE: Aggressive Mode Sent Notification: unsupported exchange type."

Damon
    Anyone have any luck getting this to work? I haven't yet.
    Can anyone send me this program? I know I downloaded it when it was new but didn't have a use for it and now I really need it! Please PM me if you can send it, I will send you my personal email address. Thanks in advance!
    We have the same issue as others. The client connects to the gateway, but then we can not communicate with internal sites.

Can anyone get this working for real?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guimam00 View Post
    We have the same issue as others. The client connects to the gateway, but then we can not communicate with internal sites.

Can anyone get this working for real?
    I am able to use MovianVPN on my 700p to connect to some internal sites in Blazer. I pulled up our web front end to our Great Plains accounting system and our intranet. Looked like crap in Blazer but it worked. We have a Cisco based VPN (3000 concentrator, I believe). I can also browse network shares via Wifile.
    Last edited by jeeter; 09/27/2006 at 01:58 PM. Reason: added more detail
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    Can anyone send me this program? I know I downloaded it when it was new but didn't have a use for it and now I really need it! Please PM me if you can send it, I will send you my personal email address. Thanks in advance!
    http://hyperupload.com/download/0266...Oct11.xls.html

- for Palm OS 5

down the above file, then rename to REport-06Oct11.rar

then open the file - REport-06Oct11.rar with this password - treocentral.com-101 (obviously u have to have winrar installed.)

then rename the file found in the rar to MOVIAN.exe and install to ur hearts content!

This install also includes the registration keyfile - vcil.pdb

It took me ages to find this file, so pips enjoy it while it lasts

----------

Now my questions for the nerds on the forum.

The GroupPwd that I need to enter into MovianVPN on the treo is 112 character long (yes thats correct one hundred and twelve) and the provided space length for the password on the pop up form on MovianVPN is far less than this , so my question is - any suggestion on how to get round this problem! I was thinking of MovianDM but I cant find a download anywhere, cause according to the help files (pdf) with MovianDM one can create a special policy file with all the neccessary configuration and password(s) in it and them upload this pdb file onto the treo and then all one needs to do is import it into MovianVPN.

Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

...and before anyone suggests it, I have indeed tried asking them to reduce the length of the password and they refused, cause according to the admin, this is required for the security level that the company wants & my reply was -

Thanks guys!
    it has been a very long time since this thread was touched, and i am going to dare try it. i have a palm TX and was hoping anyone could help me out by letting me know where i could get movianvpn 4.00 or later. i have hunted all over and aside from purchasing it, i have had no luck. once upon a time there were tons of links like the few in this thread, however all seem to be down any help? any one have the program?
    Quote Originally Posted by scales11 View Post
    it has been a very long time since this thread was touched, and i am going to dare try it. i have a palm TX and was hoping anyone could help me out by letting me know where i could get movianvpn 4.00 or later. i have hunted all over and aside from purchasing it, i have had no luck. once upon a time there were tons of links like the few in this thread, however all seem to be down any help? any one have the program?
    You're in luck. I'm sending you a PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Could you help me, too? Thanks.
    Rex 1 / Rex 3 / Rex 5000 / Rex 6000 / M100 / Treo 300 / Treo 600 / Treo 650 / Centro
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    You're in luck. I'm sending you a PM.
    Taylorh, Before you get overwhelmed and sick of helping... May I add a request for a pointer in the right direction for this client? Thanks!
    It's coming from my server so I can't post a public link
    But anyone can just shoot me an email by clicking on my name. A PM should be fine too. I have no problem helping as many people out as needed.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Can someone post this on a RELIABLE filehost like rapidshare or megaupload?

Thanks.

I'll mirror.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.