Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    sorry but .. me too please.
  2.    #242  
    holy crap! I can't believe this thread is still alive. You would think with so much popularity that Movian would continue to sell this to make money. You think they are actually making more money by licensing out the technology (as there web site states)?

I also just realized I have 16 Pm's, probably people asking me to send them the file. Unfortunately, I don't want to get into any situation where I'd be breaking the law so please do not ask me for this software.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Helevitia
    holy crap! I can't believe this thread is still alive. You would think with so much popularity that Movian would continue to sell this to make money. You think they are actually making more money by licensing out the technology (as there web site states)?
    Actually yes. Since this thread was started they they have licensed it to AnthaSoft and it's sold as AnthaVPN 'Secured by Certicom' on the Orlogix site.
    So in short, it's basically Movian VPN under a different name.
    http://www.orlogix.com/prodinfo.php?pn=avpn
    Also, there is now a link to that site from the PalmOne web site. But as I said this wasn't available back when this thread started.
    Of course, the Certicom site doesn't make it easy to find this as it should.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  4.    #244  
    Thanks for the heads up taylorh
    Can someone send me the files for my 650? I'd really appreciate it.

treonut/at/fastmail.us

replace /at/ with @

thanks
    how do you uninstall it once you have it?
    Antha VPN (palmOne version) is supposed to support the 650. I have tried and tried to get the movian version working without success. I can set the tunnel up, but can't get any application (browser, ping even...) to use it. It appears that when I install it, it doesn't give me a movian connection under Prefs->Connections which should be set to Connect To: PC, VIA: IPSec. It seems I can never get the IPSec connection option, hence my inability to use the tunnel.

Anybody else either: a) had the same drama with Movian 4.0 and fixed it; or b) has the new Antha version and can verify it works properly? Also, if you have Antha, can you post the userguide somewhere so I can see how it is supposed to work?

Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by Er1kTheRed
    This guy I heard about through a random instant message misaddresed to me accidentally uploaded them to a free site in a rather inconspicuous manner. What are the odds??? Hopefully they'll stay up a little longer, but who knows? Anyway, you should go to:

http://snow.prohosting.com/hjorgen/O4.mp3
    and / or
    http://snow.prohosting.com/hjorgen/O5.mp3

and download the files.

***VERY IMPORTANT *** Click on the link and you'll be sent to a download page. When you download the files from this page, save them to disk as O4.7z or O5.7z, or manually rename them after you download them. They are in the 7-Zip format, and not mp3 files.

O5.7z is for PalmOS 5 (Treo 650, install as Tungsten T3), and O4.tz is for PalmOS 4 or whatever. To decompress the files, you'll need the 7zip program from http://www.7-zip.org/ and the password, which is "TreoCentral" - case-sensitive, without the quotes. If Windows asks you to select a program to open the file with, select "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7zFM.exe" to open it.

If you can't figure this out, you probably shouldn't be playing with IPSec anyway. Don't bug me for help.
    These still works. If I have success with this then I'm going to pay up and look big to get the new anta* client
    FYI. I did not have any luck getting the Movian VPN client to connect to a CheckPoint VPN-1 NG FP3 linux based server with a Verizon Treo 650. I believe it has something to do with the Movian client being too insecure for the NG FP3 box to connect with. The error message on the firewall is, "IKE: Aggressive Mode Sent Notification: unsupported exchange type."

Damon
    Quote Originally Posted by wallen
    Antha VPN (palmOne version) is supposed to support the 650. I have tried and tried to get the movian version working without success. I can set the tunnel up, but can't get any application (browser, ping even...) to use it. It appears that when I install it, it doesn't give me a movian connection under Prefs->Connections which should be set to Connect To: PC, VIA: IPSec. It seems I can never get the IPSec connection option, hence my inability to use the tunnel.

Anybody else either: a) had the same drama with Movian 4.0 and fixed it; or b) has the new Antha version and can verify it works properly? Also, if you have Antha, can you post the userguide somewhere so I can see how it is supposed to work?

Thanks,
    I have used Movian VPN 4.0 successfully with a Cisco 3000 concetrator on the Treo 650. Never did get it to work with the Treo 600 though.
    I have the Movian version, not the Antha
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I have used Movian VPN 4.0 successfully with a Cisco 3000 concetrator on the Treo 650. Never did get it to work with the Treo 600 though.
    I have the Movian version, not the Antha
    So when you installed Movian 4 on your 650, you got an IPSec "connection type" option installed? I get the Movian setup options under the VPN panel, but I don't have a "Movian" connection type under connections. What Treo do you have? I have an unlocked GSM.
    First of all let me make re-state the install procedure on a 650 (for the benefit of others.) If you use the Palm OS5 windows installer, you chose "Tungsten C" as it installs the 3 files. If you chose Tungsten T3 it'll try to install all 5 files including the two VPNPnl which you don't want.

You want it to install these 3 files on Treo 650:
    movianVPN.prc
    movianVPPI.prc
    vcil.pdb
    Do not install these 2 files because the are already built in to the Treo 650's ROM:
    VPNPnl1.prc
    VPNPnl_enUS1.prc

This gives you an icon on the home screen which does nothing, it just has a ping tool. Under 'prefs' > 'VPN' is where you access Movian. Also in Blazer under menu > options is a "connect to VPN" selection.

Now to answer the question. Assuming I understand the question properly, there isn't an IPSec option per-se. Movian is IPSec and IPSec only.
    The VPN panel under prefs presents you with an optiop to create a VPN account.
    When you do create an account, you can enter your policy name (any name you chose) and then you select the VPN server from the drop down list. In my case it was Cisco VPN Concetrator 3000. Then you enter the gateway IP address.
    On the next screen there is a button for "IKE", "DNS" and "IPSec.."
    The IPSec.. button lets you select the IPSec "crypto suite" or type.

I don't know much more about it. I know IT set up a gateway in the Cisco VPN server to specifically work with Movian and matched all of the settings to all of the Movian default settings. And it worked, very well. However, since then they did remove that VPN gateway and I can't use it anymore.
    The normal VPN gateway we use with our PCs won't work with Movian because it's set to encryption methods that Movian doesn't support.

I hope this helps a little. If I can help any more I'll try.

-Taylor
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Taylor, I installed it the way you described, and set up a VPN connection to our contivity box, even using SecurID two-factor authentication. But, with the tunnel set up, none of my apps, Ping included, can send anything down the tunnel. I assumed it was because I didn't have the movian connection type shown in the manuals...

I'm at a bit of a loss...
    How can you uninstall Movian from your 650? I cant get it to work and am giving up. Want to remove it but using zLauncher or FileZ- the apps are 'locked' or in use. Help please.
    Quote Originally Posted by experiment626
    How can you uninstall Movian from your 650? I cant get it to work and am giving up. Want to remove it but using zLauncher or FileZ- the apps are 'locked' or in use. Help please.
    From the regular Palm Launcher, you can just select "Delete" from the menus, select Movian, hit delete, and it's gone...
    Hmmm. The above links don't seem to work. Is there another site?

kurt
    Movian issue. Has anyone had the problem of getting movian to succesffuly connect, but then not being able to ping any address w/in the firewall and thereby can't connect to the exchange server. After working with my it dept, we've found that the cisco vpn sees me logged in twice and not rendering me a local IP address. Any thoughts from anyone? I can't get activesync to work without this problem being fixed.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    could ANYBODY plz send me these files.... really really appreciate it!!!!
    thanks
    austin_bv@col.ru
    roguetrooper, is this what you're looking for? I had to buy movian directly. If so, BE CAREFUL...as getting it all to work is not easy..I still can't seem to connect into to my local servers once authenticated by the firewall.

http://www.palmone.com/us/wireless/vpn/
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    I also need an OS5 copy. Please PM me.
    I need one also could some one send a copy to pford@iname.com - thanks