Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Guys, due to the legality of the situation and the fact that it has come to my attention that the software includes the licensing information, I cannot distribute this software through PM or any other medium. Sorry guys. Please don't PM me concerning this, as FYI, I know it sucks
    If you have access to usnet newsgroups and know how to use them Movian files are on the alt.binaries.warez.pampilot newsgroup. Just search the posts 'subject' line for the word "VPN" and you'll find them.
    FAQ on newsgroups at: http://www.nfonews.com/default.asp?page=tutnews

It is not posted on any web sites that I know of at the moment, and if it was posted it would probabally be pulled immediately. At leat on newsgroups no one has the ability to remove the files. Your best bet is to try the newsgroup OR PM someone on here and ask for it.
    Last edited by taylorh; 03/07/2005 at 01:42 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Does anyone have a link to the Movian link where you can download the application.

Thanks

B
    I love people who post questions for which the answer appears directly above their post. Observant, eh?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I love people who post questions for which the answer appears directly above their post. Observant, eh?
    Not everyone has an account to newsgroup servers, or don't know (don't want to take the trouble) to learn how to use them. I can understand that, why get them off a NG if you can find a direct URL. Problem is web sites are hosted and the files will get pulled immediately.
    It's in everyone's best interest to learn how to use the newsgroups as a resource, but never ever post to them with your real email address or it's SPAM city.

I wish Certicomm would just sell the damn product!
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Not everyone has an account to newsgroup servers, or don't know (don't want to take the trouble) to learn how to use them. I can understand that, why get them off a NG if you can find a direct URL. Problem is web sites are hosted and the files will get pulled immediately.
    It's in everyone's best interest to learn how to use the newsgroups as a resource, but never ever post to them with your real email address or it's SPAM city.

I wish Certicomm would just sell the damn product!
    OK, reasonable response, however the previous poster made no such clarifications. His post simply seems like someone who tried the links at the beginning of the thread, then posted at the end that they don't work....too lazy to read.

Free newsgroup accounts are available...google is your friend. Using a newsgroup is pretty far from rocket science (although your advice about email address is probably not intuitive for everyone, so you are very kind to warn them). Personally, I think that anyone not using disposable email addresses for EVERYTHING online is crazy...or they love spam.

I personally think it's wrong for anyone to use these files anyway, but who am I to judge....it would certainly be easier if certicom sold it....and supported the 600. I admit I downloaded and tried them, just to see if they worked.....they do on the 650, but not the 600.
    - Albert Einstein
    Sorry if this is redundant. But I am trying to find Movian software for my recently purchased Treo 650. I've looked at the website and user group mentioned in this thread with no success.

Can someone please provide a link to this software.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I personally think it's wrong for anyone to use these files anyway, but who am I to judge....it would certainly be easier if certicom sold it....and supported the 600. I admit I downloaded and tried them, just to see if they worked.....they do on the 650, but not the 600.
    This thread wouldn't exist if Certicom sold it. The only reason this thread is here is because Movian is the ONLY IPSec VPN for Treo, and it's discontinued. I believe it's wrong to use software you haven't paid if you can buy it, this one ain't for sale.

By the way, groups.google.com does give newsgroup access, but not to the binary groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    This thread wouldn't exist if Certicom sold it. The only reason this thread is here is because Movian is the ONLY IPSec VPN for Treo, and it's discontinued. I believe it's wrong to use software you haven't paid if you can buy it, this one ain't for sale.

By the way, groups.google.com does give newsgroup access, but not to the binary groups.
    Interesting points. Now if it only worked on the 600...
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by codetreo
    I am using Treo 650 and Using OS5 version of the VPN. I configured the VPN software and got it to connect correctly, but I can't ping any IP. I played around with the DNS, and make sure everything is fine. I still cant' ping IP or DNS hostname. Any ideas? My company is using Nortel Contivity server and SecurID. I got the group id and password from the IT dept, and all the DES..etc...everything shows connected, but just can't PING or connect to anything. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks.

Updated on 1/28/2005--I am able to ping now. I just have to get a good web browser so I can access corp resources. DNS resolves correctly.
    codetreo, what did you change between the original post an the update. I have exactly the same setup and issue. I get the tunnel up (on a 650), but can't ping internal addresses, with or without split tunneling enabled at the concentrator. Was it a simple change?
    Used the link posted earlier in this thread and went to install on my Treo 650. However, in the Movian setup, it only showed the Tungsten models? Which one do I install?
    If you use the Palm OS5 windows installer, chose "Tungsten C" as it installs the 3 files you need. If you chose Tungsten T3 it'll try to install all 5 files including the two VPNPnl which you don't want.

Tungsten C will install these 3 files on Treo 650:
    movianVPN.prc
    movianVPPI.prc
    vcil.pdb
    Tungsten T3 will install these 2 files in additon which you don't because the are already built in to the Treo 650's ROM:
    VPNPnl1.prc
    VPNPnl_enUS1.prc

So use OS5 'Tungsten C'
    Last edited by taylorh; 03/18/2005 at 04:46 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Hi

Could anyone please send me/PM the software. I have missed all the hosted links.

ben@thinkinghouse.co.uk

Thanks in advance

ben
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    FYI, it looks like y'all can actually buy this thing:

http://www.anthavpn.com/antha/en/index.html

and

http://www.orlogix.com/prodinfo.php?pn=vpn

Just in case you're interested in going the legal route...
    Nice find!
    Wow, not cheap though. Interestingly it says Treo 600 is supported, and that the Palm OS4 version is the one to get for 600 & 650. The version we have, it seems Palm OS5 version is the right one as it works with the VPN panel built in... so I question this OS4 advice.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Guys, I also need this software for Treo 600. Please send me : piterh@indosat.net.id or /PM me with details - thanks
    Well, I ponied up the 99 Euro and downloaded v.4 for my Treo 600. Still the same problem - seems to log on to the gateway successfully, but then no web apps function at all (pages not found in browser, failure to connect with Snapper, etc.).

I sent an e-mail to Support - I'll see what their response is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkbrown
    Well, I ponied up the 99 Euro and downloaded v.4 for my Treo 600. Still the same problem - seems to log on to the gateway successfully, but then no web apps function at all (pages not found in browser, failure to connect with Snapper, etc.).

I sent an e-mail to Support - I'll see what their response is.
    That sucks. Push them for a refund if you/they are unable to get it to work, and I hope you get it to work since that's the point.

If it's V4, then it's the same version that we've been refering to all though this thread that my IT folks concluded (this one) does not work on the 600 after much attempting. They got the 650 working with no problem with the same configuraiton.

Version 4.00 Build 112.9p (that's the OS5 version, Don't know about the OS4 version.)

What version and build is the one you bought.
    And is it still branded "Movian VPN" or is it branded Anthasoft Certicom VPN?
    Just curious. The link "For more information, please visit this products webpage." at the bottom of this page leads to a PDF that doesn't even list the Treo 600 or 650 as supported (exactly what the Certicom site did/does say.) However, we know it works on the 650... so I assume this PDF is outdated. Having said that, what is accurate?

And again, although orlogix says to get OS4 for the Treo 600/650, I still strongly believe the OS5 version is correct for the 650 as it integrates with the VPN panel (as it it's supposed to) vs. the OS4 which does not.
    On the 600, however, it appears the OS4 is the would-be correct version.

Keep us posted as to what support resonds with.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Appreciate if someone could give a link or the file.

william_lim@pacific.net.sg

I have a Treo650.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I purchased from orlogix and their site says to buy OS4 version for the 650!!

So *I did* and it doesn't work

Anyone want to email me the other version? I have an email into support at orlogix so I'll probably get it reasonably soon either way.

Thanks.