Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    A local shop here in NYC, B&H Photo has the SanDisk Extreme III 1 GB Card in stock. The Extreme III apparently has 20MB/sec read/write speed.

I ordered one last week and 2 more today. I have a panasonic dsnap video camera that records directly to fast SD cards.

I haven't tried it yet in my treo, but one of the two I ordered today are for my treo. I'll let you know reusults. I'm hoping the faster card will make my kinoma movies play better.

here's the link to b&h

Sandisk Extreme III 1GB SD Card
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Yeah.. It would be great if you can post card speed results!
    WOW!
    An actual guaranteed write and read speed of 20mb/sec. will also be very curious if the Treo can take advantage of that.

For those interested, here is a LINK to the sandisk writeup about the card.
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    that question was asked at the roadshow. T650 can use Ultra II's MB/s speeds but can't do more than that so the Ultra III's advantages won't be useful at this time for T650
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Its a waste of money for treos. But if you want it for a digicam, it will be useful.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    Its a waste of money for treos. But if you want it for a digicam, it will be useful.
    Man, my 650 is coming soon and I can't find an Ultra II in stock anywhere. The Extreme III will be ~$120 shipped. A regular $70 Sandisk 1GB or $85 Transcend 45x is looking mighty fine right now. Would I really regret it guys? I mean, for the price of the Extreme III, I could get the vanilla 1GB Sandisk or Transcend, a BoxWave screen protector, a BoxWave case and an extra sync cable (or something else).
    Last edited by aldamon; 01/14/2005 at 08:39 AM.
    It's not all about the Treo's ability to use the speed. If you use a card reader, downloads of moveis and music will be much faster.
    VFSMark results for the 1GB Extreme III:

File Create: 274%
    File Delete: 161%
    File Write: 164%
    File Read: 180%
    File Seek: 393%
    DB Export: 125%
    DB Import: 419%
    Record Access: 341%
    Resource Access: 345%

VFSMark:266

I don't plan on using this much with the Treo. It's for the new camera I have on the way. I got mine from B&H as well.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    It's not all about the Treo's ability to use the speed. If you use a card reader, downloads of moveis and music will be much faster.
    That's a good point dude.. Transferring all our junk TO the card from the computer -- may save some minutes during a big copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    VFSMark results for the 1GB Extreme III:

File Create: 274%
    File Delete: 161%
    File Write: 164%
    File Read: 180%
    File Seek: 393%
    DB Export: 125%
    DB Import: 419%
    Record Access: 341%
    Resource Access: 345%

VFSMark:266

I don't plan on using this much with the Treo. It's for the new camera I have on the way. I got mine from B&H as well.

something's not right. I'm sure the card is faster than that. But I'm not sure what could be going on.
    something's not right. I'm sure the card is faster than that. But I'm not sure what could be going on.
    I ran it again, and got pretty much the same numbers. Maybe that's the fastest the Treo 600 can handle. The overall VFSMark number seems kinda low, but the File Write speed is way up there. For comparison, my regular Sandisk 512MB card has File Write of 23%, but overall of 245.
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    I ran it again, and got pretty much the same numbers. Maybe that's the fastest the Treo 600 can handle. The overall VFSMark number seems kinda low, but the File Write speed is way up there. For comparison, my regular Sandisk 512MB card has File Write of 23%, but overall of 245.

Sorry. I didn't realize that it was a 600. I assumed it wasa 650.
    Sorry. I didn't realize that it was a 600. I assumed it wasa 650.
    I'll post 650 numbers as soon as I can get my hands on a GSM one.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I pm'd tonyricciardi on 1/14 and asked for his results with the Extreme III. As far as I can tell, he hasn't been back since posting this thread. If someone can prove that the Extreme III smokes my ATP 60x, then I'll jump on it.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    tonyricciardi, how is that Extreme III doing?
    I should hopefully have my Treo 650 soon. I'll run VFSMark as soon as I get it.

The Extreme III has been great in my Canon EOS 20d (with the Minolta SD-CF1)
    Anyone know of a place that has either the 1gb Sandisk Ultra II or Extreme III in stock??

(aside from B&H where I have to pay tax since I live in NY) Would like to save the 10 bucks if possible since they're already expensive..
    I picked one up at b&h on monday. In my Cingular 650 I get around 480 to 500+ consistently.

VFSMark results for my 1GB Extreme III:

File Create: 324%
    File Delete: 177%
    File Write: 237%
    File Read: 682%
    File Seek: 737%
    DB Export: 209%
    DB Import: 495%
    Record Access: 738%
    Resource Access: 738%

VFSMark:481
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Anyone know of a place that has either the 1gb Sandisk Ultra II or Extreme III in stock??

(aside from B&H where I have to pay tax since I live in NY) Would like to save the 10 bucks if possible since they're already expensive..
    Bump?
    Stop being cheap and get one before they go out of stock too....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast