1.    #1  
    I had a Palm IIIx which cannot be resurrected. All of my important info is on an older Mac Powerbook (Pismo) which is running OS 9.1. The Palm Desktop is v. 2.5. I also have a Mac G4 MDD running OS 10.3.5.

I just bought a Treo 650 and had no problem installing Palm Desktop 4.1 (I think) on my G4 Desktop. However, I could not install it on my PowerBook because I got a message saying that Desktop was not compatible with my 'Book's OS.

Unfortunately, all of my important & updated Desktop info is on the PB and was not synched with the G4. Is there a way to get the calendar and contact info out of the PB and into the G4 with the new Palm Desktop?
    Get the userdata file under your username folder on your PowerBook. Copy it to your G4. Launch Palm Desktop and import data. Sync. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by treogeo
    I had a Palm IIIx which cannot be resurrected. All of my important info is on an older Mac Powerbook (Pismo) which is running OS 9.1. The Palm Desktop is v. 2.5. I also have a Mac G4 MDD running OS 10.3.5.

I just bought a Treo 650 and had no problem installing Palm Desktop 4.1 (I think) on my G4 Desktop. However, I could not install it on my PowerBook because I got a message saying that Desktop was not compatible with my 'Book's OS.

Unfortunately, all of my important & updated Desktop info is on the PB and was not synched with the G4. Is there a way to get the calendar and contact info out of the PB and into the G4 with the new Palm Desktop?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  3.    #3  
    I just tried that, but after I launched Palm Desktop, the userdatafile appears grayed out and I can't select it to be imported. Any other suggestions? Can I just drag the userdata file into the new Desktop 4 folder?
    Don't thinks so. Try exporting into csv/other file and then importing....good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by treogeo
    I just tried that, but after I launched Palm Desktop, the userdatafile appears grayed out and I can't select it to be imported. Any other suggestions? Can I just drag the userdata file into the new Desktop 4 folder?
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
  5.    #5  
    Pardon me, but I don't know what "csv/other file" is. After your original reply, I put the old userfile from my PowerBook on a USB mini-drive and then connected the mini-drive to my G4. The 2 computers are in different & distant locations. I'm not real technology oriented so I would like a little more detailed directions, if you don't mind continuing to help. Thanks for your help so far.
    What he means is on the original computer, launch Palm Desktop and export or backup the files either as backup files or as CSV (comma seperated value) files and then import them into the new version. CSV files are a standard option in almost any PIM these days.
    You could also download the current Palm Desktop for Mac from the palmOne support site. It doesn't support the Treo 650 yet (so don't try to HotSync), but it will install on OS 9, and it should automatically convert your old User Data to the new format. You can then move the User Data file to your G4 and possibly import it, or else just place it in your home Document/Palm/Users/YourName folder.