Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noahs
    Works in a BMW 330Ci (2004). Only problem is that the phonebook does not transfer. I just get a "Please wait" message on that screen, but thankfully, no resets. I can live with that for now until palmOne updates the Bluetooth software. This is with the 84 21 6 955 522 kit from BMW (originally made by Visteon). For those of you having problems on pre-2005 cars, please also include the part number of your Bluetooth kit. The newer Bluetooth kits from BMW have updated firmware to fix some of these things.

Edit: I am using the Cingular 650 with palmOne's GSM Bluetooth update installed.
    YYYEEESSS, thanks guys, I am relieved
    Any updates with Sprint 650 and 3 series? I am about to spend major money to retro-fit ,my car with the blue tooth kit and have sprint service at the moment. I love the treo 650 but don't want to have this problem
    Last edited by BimmerDoc; 04/25/2005 at 09:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerDoc
    Any updates with Sprint 650 and 3 series? I am about to spend major money to retro-fit ,my car with the blue tooth kit and have sprint service at the moment. I love the treo 650 but don't want to have this problem
    I have a 2004 BMW 330Ci. Tomorrow my dealer is putting in the Bluetooth Kit (disabling the BMW Assist, but who cares) so I'm curious to see how it works. I'm on Sprint PCS Firmware 1.12, which I understand to work well.

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    I have a 2004 BMW 330Ci. Tomorrow my dealer is putting in the Bluetooth Kit (disabling the BMW Assist, but who cares) so I'm curious to see how it works. I'm on Sprint PCS Firmware 1.12, which I understand to work well.

-jd
    Everything I read says the same with the Sprint firmware 1.12. Even the BMW page says that they support the Sprint Treo 650.

http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/6...oth_phones.pdf

They even say you need to be at v1.12
    Quote Originally Posted by bradb21
    Everything I read says the same with the Sprint firmware 1.12. Even the BMW page says that they support the Sprint Treo 650.

http://www.bmwusa.com/NR/rdonlyres/6...oth_phones.pdf

They even say you need to be at v1.12
    Confirmed that Treo 650 with Sprint Firmware 1.12 works wonderfully with BMW Bluetooth kit. Voice commands are great too, I love re-scaling the nav map without even touching the screen!

-jd
    Quote Originally Posted by doogles
    Confirmed that Treo 650 with Sprint Firmware 1.12 works wonderfully with BMW Bluetooth kit. Voice commands are great too, I love re-scaling the nav map without even touching the screen!

-jd
    I need to back off my original comment a bit. I'm having frequent resets (usually when the car and the phone begin to pair) and sometimes can't get the car and phone to pair at all.

I borrowed my mom's Nokia 62XX, and have no problems.

It's a bit of a hassle (sometimes the phone needs a reset, sometimes the car ignition needs to be cut and restarted). But overall, when it's working, it's awesome.

-jd
    doogles,

what is the part number of the Bluetooth ULF in your car. Need to know so I can see if that might be the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by wskteo
    doogles,

what is the part number of the Bluetooth ULF in your car. Need to know so I can see if that might be the problem.
    wskteo--

Thanks for the offer to assist. I'll have to dig up the paperwork, I might even need to call the dealer because I'm not 100% sure I still have it. I did hang on to the old Assist ULF so maybe there's something in there that says the exact part number I got.

Just as common as Treo resets seem to be Treo lockups; phone will lock solid and I'll need to hit the soft reset button. Very frustrating, but the cool-factor when it works is currently outweighing the failures.

-jd
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12