Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was about to buy a spare battery off of buy.com for $30.70 when I noticed that there is going to be a new longer life Treo 650 battery coming out dubbed the "Moftware Technologies Extended Battery".

Note that the replacement OEM Treo 650 battery has:
    - up to 5-6 hours of talk time
    - up to 2 weeks of standby time
    whereas this extended battery will have:
    - up to 7-9 hours of talk time
    - up to 3 weeks of standby time

Check out treotiger for more:
    http://www.treotiger.com/treo-650-accessories.htm

tc
    PS: I did a search and I don't think this has already been discussed...sorry if it has...
    Wow, 7-9 hour talk time?? That's awesome! Thanks for sharing!
    Well, yeah, it had better add 2 hours talk time for that price!!
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Curious as to why you would want a spare battery now. How would you charge it without the cradle? Do you just charge it in your phone then set it on the side and put the uncharged one in you phone and then charge that one? Seems like your phone is always on the charger that way so what's the benefit of having a second battery now? I think it's funny the extra batteries are out yet still no easy way to charge them.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    you can charge the spare battery when you sleep, so you can have it handy the next day. i'm sure most people can find time to charge a spare battery for times when they are on the road.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    Well, yeah, it had better add 2 hours talk time for that price!!
    That's just a page I used that had a description and a timeframe for the new battery...yeah I wouldn't want to spend $89 for it either, but I expect buy.com or someone to have it cheaper when it comes out.

BTW, I do believe there is a cradle out now with a "spare battery charging drawer".

tc
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    it's not out yet.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    it's not out yet.
    Oh I just thought the sites were already sold out...guess that's their boilerplate statement then for not having it!

I see on this site that they have a Jan. 27 date for availability.

tc
    Quote Originally Posted by texascanuck
    That's just a page I used that had a description and a timeframe for the new battery...yeah I wouldn't want to spend $89 for it either, but I expect buy.com or someone to have it cheaper when it comes out.

tc
    Okay, thanks. I hope so. For about $20 less I'd be interested.
    Anybody have milliamp hour information for this 'extended' life battery?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cschmelz
    I went to the Moftware website and found a page describing their accessories for phones as well as a "contact us" page that you may want to have a look at to e-mail or call them to ask your question about the battery in question (Moftware Technologies Extended Battery for Treo 650 - SKU: 6693).

tc
    for $130 you can buy 4 batteries from Dans cellular on ebay
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    beat me to it Lyndon H !!
    Quote Originally Posted by cschmelz
    I remember reading that the standard battery is 1800 mAh, and the extended is 2200 mAh. The extended is due on Jan 21st at treotiger.com, with is an outlet of Moftware
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lyndon_h
    for $130 you can buy 4 batteries from Dans cellular on ebay
    $130 good Lord thats alot of money.
    That battery is $129, I thought the first time I looked it was $89. Tell me it didn't go up that much and I am wrong?
    Eeek. A non-OEM battery? Even if they hadn't been linked to explosions, I wouldn't put such a crucial piece of my $600 toy in someone else's hands.
    KRamsauser: I have read about people with thousand dollars digital SLR cameras using non-OEM batteries with great result. They last longer and are much cheaper than the OEM ones. Check out dpreview.com. My thinking is that if these people would trust their thousand dollars purchase with non-oem batteries, I wouldn't mind using one in my Treo. But not all non-OEM battery are of the same quality, so I would be a bit cautious.

But $130 is a lot for a battery. I don't see how they can sell them at that price.
    I think I'm just bitter about the non-oem charger that I bought for my 600 that fried the hotsync ability. Pain in the ****, really. Now I don't buy any non-oem thing that involves power. :-)
    Does anybody know if Palm have any plans in making their own (OEM) extended battery? I thought by now they would have it listed on their site with a "coming soon" status.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast