1.    #1  
    I have been searching and searching the web since last week when I got my treo650 to see if there is a way to create a ringtone from wav/mp3s. I have found nothing but software apps ( mp3Ringer/LightWav/etc ) to play the mp3s.

Problem is those apps have completely trashed my Treo and I will not use that again.

Previously I had a Sanyo 8100 flip phone with camera. I was able to use some software to convert a wav file into some sort of file that I was able to put on my apache websever and send to the phone. I'm sorry if this has been brought up before on the board but I have searched and searched for every word combination possible to find a thread explaining how to do this. But please let me know if there is anything that I can do to create a ringer from a sound file without having to use a 3rd party application just to play the song.

Thanks..
  2. RJR
    I use Ringo (yes it's a software app), but it works well on my 650 and doesn't trash anything.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrothead hskr
    Previously I had a Sanyo 8100 flip phone with camera. I was able to use some software to convert a wav file into some sort of file that I was able to put on my apache websever and send to the phone. I'm sorry if this has been brought up before on the board but I have searched and searched for every word combination possible to find a thread explaining how to do this. But please let me know if there is anything that I can do to create a ringer from a sound file without having to use a 3rd party application just to play the song.
    This link will answer all of your questions. Basically you need to convert the files to an amr format.

palmone