1.    #1  
    I am going through the free trial and love the product. I currently use snapper mail but like Chatter a lot better. My only issue is that the connection seems to stay open a lot. I noticed in a 15 minute period that the green arrows were on for about 45 seconds then it would go gray for about 30 seconds or so and start over again. I am on Verizon. I know there was some talk on this many months ago but never saw any resolution. HAs anyone come up with anything? What am I doing wrong? Could it be related to my imap server? It doesn't seem to be as bad when I use fastmail rather than my regular email account though I have not confirmed this yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    There are a few possible issues and one, sadly, is Verizon. There's nothing that can be done about that, however, but their service has been known to have this problem (even without Chatter installed).

However, there MIGHT be something going on with your server(s). The first thing I'd think of is whether your non-fastmail server supports IDLE. If not, using "online" mode would cause that problem.

What I'd suggest is that you make a log covering an hour or so, annotating it so that I know when green arrows are on perhaps, and I'll let you know if I see anything unusual.

Marc