Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marc - come to think of it I notice it now, on the green bar right? But since 14 I have been noticing negative number on my Inbox (?).

Also, I think I am seeing a lag between the ring and when I see the message appear in the list. Sometimes the new message will not appear until I push a key on the 5 way nav. I am not quite sure if this is happening too much on the 15 version (haven't gotten much mail), but it was noticeable in the 14.

Sam
  2.    #42  
    Sam - I'll look into that; probably related to screen changes.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    jberman - I can't believe you didn't comment on the more egregious bug - the blurry screen in Folder View. Anybody else seeing that?
    LOL
    There is nothing blurry in my folder view although the little envelopes to the right of a few of them are fainter than ever. But not blurry.
  5.    #45  
    mdavis - I recommend an eye exam. Macular degeneration is not to be taken lightly.

Marc
    Definitely not lightly.
    Hi, all.

Yesterday, running 17.14, I had a problem a couple of times trying to move messages to a folder. I work offline, and when QSyncing the account I got an error stating that the move failed (don't have the exact text; don't have a log -- yet). Later attemps to do the same move succeeded, so it wasn't a problem with the config.

I've never seen it before; anyone else? Maybe it was just a problem with my mail server....

--Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike129
    Yesterday, running 17.14, I had a problem a couple of times trying to move messages to a folder. I work offline, and when QSyncing the account I got an error stating that the move failed (don't have the exact text; don't have a log -- yet). Later attemps to do the same move succeeded, so it wasn't a problem with the config.

I've never seen it before; anyone else? Maybe it was just a problem with my mail server....
    I've seen that too, very occasionally, usually immediately followed by my Treo resetting.... but after starting Chatter up again the move goes fine. Haven't seen it in a while though.
    When I reply to a message from Outlook (connected to Exchange server, also monitored at the same time by Chatter in sync mode) the state change on the message (unread->replied) causes notification to be sent to the Treo and the popup window to appear. is there any way to limit the popup to new message notifications rather than alerting to every state change? Is there a control for this that I am missing?
    Thanks
    -e
  10.    #50  
    ejaz - At the moment, no, and this is really an Exchange Server 2003 "feature". Basically, state changes in ES2003 cause the original message to be deleted and a new one to becreated (with a new unique id). So it looks exactly like a brand new message...

This wasn't true in ES2000 or 5.5, and it's very obnoxious. If there's a workaround that can be put in place, I'm all for it, but it's not obvious how to detect this reliably.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    oldsmo - Chatter does complete using recently used addressees... (The last 32 unique ones, actually). Are you not seeing that?

Marc
    sorry, i think i was using an oldish version. that's GREAT!

I agree with the person who suggested more flexible sleep times. i don't want chatter going off at 7:30am on sat & sun.

thanks!
    Thanks Marc. Glad it wasn't just me neglecting to read the manual this time
    Quote Originally Posted by SamT
    Also, I think I am seeing a lag between the ring and when I see the message appear in the list. Sometimes the new message will not appear until I push a key on the 5 way nav. I am not quite sure if this is happening too much on the 15 version (haven't gotten much mail), but it was noticeable in the 14.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the same "lag" is showing up after a message is moved to a different IMAP folder. You have to take some action in order for the screen to be refreshed.
    I followed the instructions in the manual so that I can have sent messages from Treo show up in the sent folder on the server. It is not working. Wondering what I'm doing wrong. Anyone able to get that to work?

There's a thread elsewhere commenting on the new battery meter and where it should be. I think the best place is on the top bar. Move everything from the bottom bar to the top bar so there's more space for messages. wadaya think?
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I followed the instructions in the manual so that I can have sent messages from Treo show up in the sent folder on the server. It is not working. Wondering what I'm doing wrong. Anyone able to get that to work?
    N.T.U. -

Works great for me. The only thing I would recommend is that you make sure you reload the Folder List (there's a button in the 'Define' section of the Edit Mailbox window) before specifying your sent items folder in the 'Other' section.
    Love the 1.0b18 screen layout! However the connection envelope is still visible when you create a new message (only half of the envelope that is...). Not a biggie, but I guess you wanted to know.
    Marc

Thanks again for all the effort in this. It's got to be a sign that you are ready for final release when we are reduced to arguing about stuff like:

1. I think the status envelope actually belongs on the top line too. It's then consistent with the screen usage - all statuses at the top, action buttons at the bottom. So I would have

\/<folder name> <space for Auth/Send etc> <status envelope> <time> <battery> <signal>

all across the top

2. Is it possible to access the last-used address list. I have an invalid entry I want to delete. Sadly I don't have 65 friends so it isn't going to drop out of the list by itself...

Regards

Mark
  18.    #58  
    Mark4 - There's just not enough room for all of that on the top line! Re: Address list.. Never thought of that. I'll make a note to look at it.

Marc
    hi marc. can you make it so that when selecting options with the D-pad that the left-right action can wrap? e.g. in the message view, one might just click <left> once to select "delete" rather that clicking <right> 5 times?

also,

in Palm's "Mail," holding the <up> button in message list view takes you straight up to the top message in the list (eventually). then another press <up> gets you to the folder name (e.g. "inbox") where you can then select another folder. can we have this behavior on chatter also? as it is, the <up> does take you through to the top, but then you have to click <left> twice to get to the folder name; not very intuitive.

again, i'm thrilled with chatter and am just offering some constructive tips. thanks for the amazing work and great communication with users!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsmobuick
    hi marc. can you make it so that when selecting options with the D-pad that the left-right action can wrap? e.g. in the message view, one might just click <left> once to select "delete" rather that clicking <right> 5 times?

also,

in Palm's "Mail," holding the <up> button in message list view takes you straight up to the top message in the list (eventually). then another press <up> gets you to the folder name (e.g. "inbox") where you can then select another folder. can we have this behavior on chatter also? as it is, the <up> does take you through to the top, but then you have to click <left> twice to get to the folder name; not very intuitive.
    I agree with the first point and agree with part of the second. Didn't you just change this behavior so that up doesn't go to the folder name? I think you should keep it that way. However I agree that the click <left> twice isn't very intuitive.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast