Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I know that this is a treo-centric board, but we support a good number of legacy Tungsten Ws. Is it feasible to support these (or other brands of palms) maybe with reduced functionality?

For instance your program without push is still light years ahead of versamail, which IMHO is probably the best overall available for the W. (I know many have differing opinions on that, but we all agree that Chatter is the best.)

Sam
    Last edited by SamT; 01/11/2005 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Not that you need more affermation, but I think your plan is great. If there are no more "show stopper" bugs (and I haven't seen one for quite a qhile) then wrap this puppy up and call it 1.0.

I think SD card support is great, especially if you can do full card support (I.E. archive old messages, attachements, etc). It will make living within the constraints of the Treo 650 a little more manageable.

Exchange support would be fantastic also, but make sure that you support Exchange 2000 as well as 2003. I can't use Versamail because of this, and I know of a lot of companies that selected not to upgrade because the benefits did not justify the upgrade cost. If you do Exchange 2000, you can pick up all of those dissenfranchized 650 users.
  3.    #23  
    ejaz - You can already move items to folders that aren't Mailboxes in Chatter...

Marc
    Ah. So you can!
    Let me ask then about the feasibility of supporting subfolders of the Inbox from the Exchange server.
  5.    #25  
    ejaz - Not sure what you mean... You should be able to access subfolders already.

Marc
    Wow, I just showed myself to be a true *****! A quick look at the docs answered the above question.

I think I'll just shut up now!
    This is the ONLY thing i think palm's "mail" has over chatter. it's a very common thing for e-mail clients to have (e.g. thunderbird).

it sounds like it would take a lot of RAM, but "Mail" is able to do it somehow. i know you can search your contacts when addressing, but i don't make a habit of adding e-mail addresses to my contacts when i create them.

I also liked someone else's suggestion here:

"My gratuitous functionality request would be that the manual QSync override the "Sleep Hours" set on a mailbox. (I mean, if I am *asking* for the QSync, why not?)"

i too like to be able to check for messages if i stay up late or get up early.

thanks marc!!
    Sorry, off topic, but by chance are you a Fletch fan, Oldsmobuick?
    Marc-

I think the schedule you laid out sounds good. I'm sure SD support will help win you some new business.

I have a couple simple wants, if you are taking suggestions. I'm very new to chatter, so if these are handled currently, I apologize.

1. Would be nice to have more sophisicated sleep times (multiple sleep times, and keyed toward weekday/weekend). For example, I would like to have it sleep from midnight to 8am seven days a week, and sleep during work hours on weekdays.

2. Would be nice to specify a set number of retries before the smtp connection times out. For example, yesterday I sent a message, and put the treo in my pocket. Two hours later I turned it on, and it had been trying to connect to the smtp server all that time unsuccessfully. My battery was almost gone. If it can't connect the first three times, more than likely 258 successive attempts will not make a difference

Thanks again for an excellent product at a more than reasonable price.

Rich
  10.    #30  
    oldsmo - Chatter does complete using recently used addressees... (The last 32 unique ones, actually). Are you not seeing that?

Marc
    I like the new time and battery level additions to the message list. But...

What about putting the time, signal level, and battery level at the top, and putting the Chatter status at the bottom right? That makes things more consistent with other apps, like Phone.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Marc- The only thing that I consider to be critical for 1.0 is the fixing of the deleted subject bug when responding from the Popup. I have had several people complain to me about that just today, so it is fresh in the mind! Other than that, perhaps a slightly larger "new" button (for finger pressing)...but that is picking nits.
  13.    #33  
    Ah, yes. Thanks for remind me, 02...

Marc
    Hi Mark,

Great job you've done with this software! Our company has been using Visto for the last year and we are looking for another email solution as they are pursuing a different business model that will no longer support MessageXpress. I'm very impressed with this product and I really like the fact that I will no longer have to reinstall redirector clients on other computers when my sales guys need to take their notebooks and Treos out on the road.

Today's additions are quite welcomed and some that I had been wanting. Your plans for future MS Exchange features is also great to hear. The only thing I'm left wanting is the ability to delete messages from the deleted items folder on the Exchange server. My guys are bad about keeping their mailboxes near the limit and it would be nice to have the ability to delete the deleted items folder while on the road.

I'm about to deploy Chatter to all my Treo users and I'm sure the feedback will be positive. Thanks again for a great product!

Treobud
  15.    #35  
    treobud - Thanks for the comments. I'll look at the deleted items feature - it's on my short list.

Marc
    Marc, I see you have a new update w/ lots of great new features, looks great. I think you absolutely should up the price-- well worth it!! Here are a few remaining issues for me..

- the ability to remove older mail by either setting a max # of messages, max amount of storage, or an easy way to remove messages older than some date off of the treo

- it would be great if when you left chatter and later returned it would bring you back to the same place you left (e.g., an open message, go to datebook to enter appointment, return to message in chatter).

Thanks for putting out such a wonderful product!
  17.    #37  
    mobileguy -

There's an easy way to remove messages older than a certain date - use the "Delete Old Unlocked" command in the "Box" menu. Set the meaning of "old" in Preferences.

I'm working on #2

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    What about putting the time, signal level, and battery level at the top, and putting the Chatter status at the bottom right? That makes things more consistent with other apps, like Phone.
    Personally, I agree with gecko, I think they look better at the top - plus putting the the battery indicator at the bottom of the screen has introduced a little display bug into Chatter when you try to enter a shortcut:

http://gryphon.mgh.harvard.edu/chatterbug2.jpg

Also, I know I've mentioned this before, but one thing that would be useful is the ability to jump to a section of the folder browser by typing the first (few) letter(s) of the folder you want to jump to. That would really make my day.

Finally, is there any reason that the number of recent addresses stored for lookup is 32? Could that be increased?

Thanks,
    Jesse
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman
    Personally, I agree with gecko, I think they look better at the top - plus putting the the battery indicator at the bottom of the screen has introduced a little display bug into Chatter when you try to enter a shortcut:

http://gryphon.mgh.harvard.edu/chatterbug2.jpg

Also, I know I've mentioned this before, but one thing that would be really useful is the ability to jump to a section of the folder browser by typing the first (few) letter(s) of the folder you want to jump to. That would make my day.

Jesse
    And, in the compressed view, I think, stylistically, there should be a green line across the screen below those items (folder name, time, battery, etc.) and above the first message.

Really...
  20.    #40  
    jberman - I can't believe you didn't comment on the more egregious bug - the blurry screen in Folder View. Anybody else seeing that?

Marc
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast