Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    Is this a dumb question? Why does it say "memoryInfo.prc" but when I click it it says "attachment.php"? I accidently hit "yes" download to card. Will it be there? If so, where?
    Not a duimb question at all! It's because of the way that this board stores files, and the inability of Blazer to handle it.

For the benefit of anyone else trying to download the file directly to your Treo, I've put it on my web server: http://www.snikte.net/memoryinfo.prc
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    u can also just use filez or zlauncher to rename the file (attach...php) back to meminfo.prc & it works...
    don't forget to save file after u rename it.
    With this thought of resetting occasionally to cleanse memory, is there a soft reset program available that would reset at a specific time (say 4AM)....
    Thanks so much guys! Sometimes I feel like an ***** here. Or at least way over my head. I'm trying to learn more about this thing than just what apps are cool and fun. When I get obsessed, it's to the core. (Ain't OCD grand?)
    thought jeff G said he woukd ad sched reset to SC..
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    thought jeff G said he woukd ad sched reset to SC..
    Scheduled reset has been a part of ScheduleCare for at least a month now. Not that we need to "schedule" resets with the 650.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Thanks, Oscarc Awesome job!
    Anyone know how many write cycles flash mem is good for before becoming flaky? And what do we do with our 650's when that happens?
    Typically, lifetime is rated in the 10's of millions of cycles. In addition, there is often some built-in redundancy so that if one bit fails, it (or the word) can be marked bad and not used again. While flash (like all others) is not a perfect permanent storage medium, I don't really think the lifetime something to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarc
    Since PalmOS doesn't support paging, free memory here can get fragmented (broken into lots of small pieces). The largest free chunk is the largest piece of free memory. This is the most amount of memory a program or PalmOS can request at one time from Storage Heap.

On my device when the largest free chunk value gets below about 500K I start getting memory errors and need to soft reset.
    Are there any utilities to defrag and/or do some garbage collection this part of the memory?

Aloke
    Thanks on ScheduleCare...I will look into it.

Good question on defrag...I am curious relative the SD card...I have seen no utilities (where as there are several for pocket pcs)......
    Any old PC based defrag program (like that in XP) should work, provided you have a DS card reader (less than $20 for USB card readers).

Defragging SD card is not important, as it's used only for storage (much like hard drive is in PC's). The critical issue seems to be the largest free size in RAM, where the sofware is executed. For that, we need a memory defragger (other than a reset :-)

Unlike hard drives, the SD card will be fast enough that fragmentation there should be generally inconsequential.

Aloke
    Any way to copy/paste the information from this program to a memo?

Thanks.
    Aloke
    Can MemoryInfo be installed to run off the SD card?

I have it installed on the Treo. When I try to copy it to the card, the application is locked. Why?

How do I "unlock" it to move to the card (and then delete it from the Phone)?

Thanks.
    Aloke
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    It's only 12K, so it's not much off a gain, but, yes, you can indeed run it off the card - I use LauncherX and moved it with no trouble whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Can MemoryInfo be installed to run off the SD card?

I have it installed on the Treo. When I try to copy it to the card, the application is locked. Why?

How do I "unlock" it to move to the card (and then delete it from the Phone)?

Thanks.
    Aloke
    Thanks
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    oscarc, this is the utility I have been dreaming of since I get my Treo 650,
    it is fantastic.

However, it will be much more helpful if you can make it a DA, so that we
    can anytime view the health of our Treo 650 without leaving the current
    application.

Thanks for the wonderful piece of utility.
    What is best way to reduce NVFS Cache (RAM) without deleting programs , is there one, or else how can one isolate which programs are eating up the NVFS Cache ? Thanks,
    I ran this app and my phone wouldn't stop crashing. perhaps it conflicts with Goodlink?
    I've got GoodLink and the memory app on a Sprint 650 - never had conflicts between them.

The annoying thing is that while you may have 5-6MB free memory, there isn't enough NVFS Cache memory available so you get a generic "out of memory" error message which, I suppose might lead to repeated crashes if you only have 2-3MB free. GoodLink definitely takes up a fair amount of heap memory which you can see by doing a soft reset, run the memory app and write the numbers down, init GoodLink, run the memory app again and compare the before and after results.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast