1.    #1  
    Does anyone know a good ouytlining program to use to brainstorm and get ideas down and organize projects. I am trying the InfoSelect product but it is a little to pricey. Any suggestions ???
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Brainforest
    Arranger. it lets you link todos, etc. also.
    check out HiNote. Has desktop companion app too.
    There is no one-size-fits-all greatest outliner for the Visor. I've summarized my notes . . .

Arranger: Unique for linking the built-in apps to your outline. $19

BrainForest: The beefiest of the outliners on this platform. Even suitable for light project management (completion boxes and a whole lot more). Allows you to import/export items with ToDo and Memo. Downside is that there is more to learn to utilize its power, and the desktop counter-part is Mac only(?notes alittle fuzzy?). 73K footprint, and $30.

HiNote: Outliner with built-in paint program and allows you to add a note to each entry. $20

InfoSelect: 2-way and N-way sync with PCs (with desktop version of app) and other Palms with InfoSelect. $69 - - and PC version costs ~$100. Last I checked, there was no price break for getting both products.

ListMaker: fields for dates, notes and a custom field. Includes completion boxes. Export/Import with ToDo and Memo. Pregenerated databases for travel, groceries and camping. $18

ThoughtMill: It only does basic outlining, but I think it has the slickest interface of the bunch. Also includes completion boxes. Yes. This is what I use. Only allows an export to Memo. $19

Tree: Requires DA-Launcher and HackMaster. Adds outlining to the built-in apps. FREE - - assuming you already own DA-Launcher and HackMaster!

One area that I expect to eventually be an issue for me is the size of an outline. I'm guessing that the outliners that rely on the built-in apps suffer from their size limits. I'm not sure about the other apps; but, if you're planning on really big outlines, you should check this out.