1.    #1  
    I've had my treo 650 for about 3 weeks now and the "MAIL" (next to RED PHONE) button is worn out already. The silver finishing is peeling off.

Got Build Quality?
    the silver chrome around the screen on the right side of mine is peeling. The 600's paint lasted much longer.

Look on the bright side. If history repeats itself, which it does, in two months you will probably be needing a replacement and you'll get a brand new 650.

Why can't they make a treo or similar form factor smartphone with an aluminum case like the G4? I would pay the extra money to avoid the paint and plastic c%$p.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    you must be what palm calls a "power user". the treo was not designed for you.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    the silver chrome around the screen on the right side of mine is peeling. The 600's paint lasted much longer.

Look on the bright side. If history repeats itself, which it does, in two months you will probably be needing a replacement and you'll get a brand new 650.

Why can't they make a treo or similar form factor smartphone with an aluminum case like the G4? I would pay the extra money to avoid the paint and plastic c%$p.

I think I'm gonna call Lockline.....
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    you must be what palm calls a "power user". the treo was not designed for you.

Hahaha.. more like playing too much NESM on the Treo. No such thing as productivity.
    I've had my Treo600 for ten months and the mail and on/off buttons are almost bare. Funny thing is that I've got used to it. It doesn't bother me anyore. Same with the missing rubber plug and the visible speck of dust under the screen. Sad, isn't it?
    maybe you guys should buy a case. plastic wears down. no avoiding it.
    My 600 looked like it was run over by a truck- but still worked great.

It DID last a LOT longer than my 650 which in 7 days (of unusually light use) already had visible paint chipping in the grey just outside the screen and a bunch of ugly nicks in the bottom by the power plug. I was worried when returning it for a malfunctioning button that they would say it's too damaged.

A case would be obvious- but I can't find one I like. I've paid full price over at Vaja and gotten something decent, but it didn't solve some problems (back in the Treo 300 days...)

It's all personal preference (I'm not the holster type of guy, but the horizontal ones seem by my survey to work best. I wish I could get out of the "Here's my phone everyone" aversion).

Everything is too big- has anyone really tried the small flexi cases. They look like they cover a majority of the problem areas and might take a small tumble or two...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGtrouble77
    maybe you guys should buy a case. plastic wears down. no avoiding it.
    I hate cases.... I'll settle for worn out buttons.