1.    #1  
    On my old treo 300 I've always used alternative launcher instead of the default one, to spice the interface up a bit. Hence, having finally gotten the 650 I've decided to install my old trusty ZLauncher on it with vast number of skins it offers. However after using it for about 2 hours I went back to Palm launcher. Why? Because ZLauncher seems to have crippled my ability to use the device one-handed. The feel you get with Palm OS where you can jump anywhere using the 5-pad is gone when you use ZLauncher, and I have to resort to using a stylus to get things done.

I was wondering if anyone out there tried any other alternative launchers and had good experience using it on T650?
    Are you saying that ZLauncher doesn't recognise the T650 centre button?
    Try FACER 2.5 Its seems to work very well with the 650.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjd
    Are you saying that ZLauncher doesn't recognise the T650 centre button?
    It does, but it it doesn't have built in functionlity to work with Menus and Icons the same way Palm launcher does. Like for instance the ZLauncher scrolls entire page when you scroll with 5-pad thus not allowing you to scroll through individual icons to launch. Also there is no way to get to the Categories in ZLauncher using 5-pad.
    AnthonyG,
    Make sure you are using the latest version of ZLauncher--5.10.3. It supports the 5-way quite well. You can navigate category tabs with either the left-right or up-down keys. Hitting the center button once highlights the first app in a category. The 5-way then lets you scroll through the apps to the one you want.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    It does, but it it doesn't have built in functionlity to work with Menus and Icons the same way Palm launcher does. Like for instance the ZLauncher scrolls entire page when you scroll with 5-pad thus not allowing you to scroll through individual icons to launch.
    OK, but using my T5 with ZL (v5.10.3), if I'm looking at a screen of icons, and press the centre button, the "focus" is on one icon, and the five-way pad moves the focus icon by icon, scrolling by row when I go off the bottom. Doesn't that work yet with the T650?
    Also there is no way to get to the Categories in ZLauncher using 5-pad.
    I've set up ZL so that the categories are tabs along the top row a la LauncherX; if there's no icon selected left/right on the 5-way pad will cycle through the tabs. I like the way the T5 launcher does this (presumably the same as with the t650) but it's probably a bit quicker with the ZL tabs (IMHO).

Apologies if I've missed a point, I'm pacing the group waiting for the UK GSM t650.
  7.    #7  
    5.10.3? Ah, perhaps that was my problem all along. I'm using 4.x version.
    Thanks for the useful suggestions everyone!
    Good luck; I recall there are some issues with some of the t650 icons on Zlauncher, though, have a read of the article about half-way down this page...

http://www.clieuk.co.uk/News_Archive...-12-2004.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjd
    Good luck; I recall there are some issues with some of the t650 icons on Zlauncher, though, have a read of the article about half-way down this page...

http://www.clieuk.co.uk/News_Archive...-12-2004.shtml
    I have an iconset that fixes ZL's issues with icon display.

Attached here. Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG
    5.10.3? Ah, perhaps that was my problem all along. I'm using 4.x version.
    And here's a screen shot for proof that the Center button does work on the latest version.
    Attached Images Attached Images