Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    With Sprint service. This is down from the earlier price on the Palm One website. Hopefully it is yet another sign of imminent competition (cungular).
    Well, perhaps it was not on P1's site, but this is the same deal that has been available since the moment the 650 was out. $150 off for NEW subscribers with a 2 year contract. You could get that deal from Sprint and several other companies from the very start.

P.S. Sprint also offers a $30 additional discount by ordering on the web, making it $419. Also for new customers. A few other places have had some extra deals here and there (although you may have to wait 180 days to get the extra rebate) that bring the price lower. One place was giving out free hats! Woopee!

If you are an exisiting customer, the deal is $150 off (with 2 year extension) IF you have had your existing phone for 18 months.
    Last edited by midmofan; 01/10/2005 at 02:51 PM.
    I got mine in mid-December from Sprint for that price (2 year contract). There's also a $50 rebate on top of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan

If you are an exisiting customer, the deal is $150 off (with 2 year extension) IF you have had your existing phone for 18 months.

I had not had my previous phone for the full 18 months yet but when I complained Sprint went ahead and gave me the $150 off. Since I hadn't used any promotional offers when I got my last phone, why should I have to wait the full 18 months? Sure, if I had taken a deal from them, I can see why they wouldn't want me to hit them up for another one for a year and a half. They complained but then relented when I told them that they weren't doing me any favors and as an existing customer, I should get the deal.
    So MyTreo.net is selling the 650 for $315 with a new 2 year Sprint contract mytreo.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    So MyTreo.net is selling the 650 for $315 with a new 2 year Sprint contract mytreo.net
    That offer has been discussed elswhere, it has a weird "loyalty" rebate clasue that you dont get back for a long time and you have to make sure you follow the rebate rules just right:

"To qualify and redeem the rebate, and to avoid an equipment discount charge back of $150, complete and sign the rebate form, provide copies of your sales receipt, guide to wireless service, a copy of the UPC from the product packaging, and a copy of a wireless bill for this account dated between 150 days and 210 days after activation showing the previous balance paid in full. Claim must be postmarked no earlier than 180 days after activation and no later than 210 days after activation."
    Wow, interesting clause, still it would make the 650 cheaper than my 600 was 9 months ago.