Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Ok, rudychow. This one's for you (2.2.2b - second build of a pre-2.2.2 release). Everything seems okay to me. Obviously, when you're in a field, opt+left/right does moving by word (not jump to begin or end). Also after you have moved around, space will not automatically open the popup. If you move with one-hand mode, a second opt exits FP's one-hand mode, so again, you can type or whatever without triggering special DateBk behavior.

A quick summary:

opt -> could be one-hand mode for FP or DB
    -followed by an FP key -> FP handles the input
    -not followed by an FP key -> FP lets the input fall through, so DB can handle it
    -followed by another opt -> if had been in FP one hand mode (only if an FP input was received) cancels FP one-hand mode. This does not immediately trigger DB's one hand mode. If was not in FP one-hand mode, toggles FP one-hand mode off, but still maintains DB one-hand mode. The opt-lock will enable as normal.

In any case, please try it out. I think you'll find that it behaves as expected. At least, I hope you will.

-Ansel
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by arognlie
    Ok, rudychow. This one's for you (2.2.2b - second build of a pre-2.2.2 release). Everything seems okay to me. Obviously, when you're in a field, opt+left/right does moving by word (not jump to begin or end). Also after you have moved around, space will not automatically open the popup. If you move with one-hand mode, a second opt exits FP's one-hand mode, so again, you can type or whatever without triggering special DateBk behavior.

A quick summary:

opt -> could be one-hand mode for FP or DB
    -followed by an FP key -> FP handles the input
    -not followed by an FP key -> FP lets the input fall through, so DB can handle it
    -followed by another opt -> if had been in FP one hand mode (only if an FP input was received) cancels FP one-hand mode. This does not immediately trigger DB's one hand mode. If was not in FP one-hand mode, toggles FP one-hand mode off, but still maintains DB one-hand mode. The opt-lock will enable as normal.

In any case, please try it out. I think you'll find that it behaves as expected. At least, I hope you will.

-Ansel
    BINGO! We have a winner here! Works great! Great solution to make both set of Option functions co-exist smoothly! YOUDAMAN!

And oh yeah, was away for a while so I couldn't respond earlier, but here are the basic textfield-related DateBk5 Option combinations (off the top of my head):

When during active in-line editing mode (on an event/todo):
    Opt + Space = brings up a popup menu
    Opt + Backspace = toggles item as done/undone
    Opt + Left/Right = jumps to the first/last character of description
    Opt + Down = jumps to the bottom row of buttons (necessary for contact linking)
    Opt + Period (.) = opens up saved views
    Opt + Centre (only when split-screen window is active) = shifts focus between the top/bottom windows

When viewing a memo:
    Opt + Up/Down = page up/down
    Opt + Left/Right = jumps left/right word-by-word

I believe that's all (at least I hope it is). Thanks again for really GREAT support!
    Last edited by rudychow; 02/17/2005 at 08:37 AM.
  3.    #103  
    Great to hear! The final 2.2.2 build is available on PalmGear.

-Ansel
    Great program. Woo-hoo! Downloaded it last night. Finally discovered the dial number and link to web function--just now--by reading in between the lines on this post.

First, you have to higlight the number/web adress first, then while still higlighted, click on Shift and center button, then scroll down to "use selection" option, press center button again, and presto!

BTW, is it just me, but I think it would be grrovy if you could highlight text on the Blazer browser. Can't seem to find a way to do it.

###
  5.    #105  
    This is probably written in vain, but there is quite a comprehensive README included in the ZIP download of FieldPlus. The content isn't included in the PRC itself (beyond the short Tips dialog) in order to keep the size down. But if you have time, I encourage everyone to check it out.

Blazer uses it's own custom display logic, so there isn't a single standard UI control to extend (as FP does for fields). And the Blazer display doesn't accept focus on the regular text without the stylus. There are ways to select text in Blazer, just not using FP.
    Hi Ansel, just a small request:

Can you add another option to bring up the command bar with an Opt+Menu combination keypress? I currently have Menu hold already assigned and Opt+Menu seems to be the most logical method.

Thanks again for all your efforts!
  7.    #107  
    I'll take it under consideration. I'm still trying to nail down the final feature list for the next release (which I'll be working on this weekend). So I'll throw that in the pot with the rest.

OOC, what program is using menu hold? Could that developer be asked to enhance their software?

-Ansel
    This is really quite a nice app, it's already come in handy many times. I realize that this would be a significant next step, but have you considered adding in the capablity for multiple clipboards? I think that would be awesome.
    I'll take it under consideration. I'm still trying to nail down the final feature list for the next release (which I'll be working on this weekend). So I'll throw that in the pot with the rest.

OOC, what program is using menu hold? Could that developer be asked to enhance their software?

-Ansel
    Oh no, the problem isn't the app at all (Hi-Launcher). It's just that I have assigned holding the Menu button to bring up Hi-Launcher and the Home button to "previous application". This setup emulates the way traditional SE phones work and IMO is the most intuitive. Which leaves the command bar unassigned... on my Tungsten C, it was assigned as Option + Menu and I'd like that for the 650 as well. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    edit, I just found my answer.. ignore this message
    Interesting quirk: when in T600's memo pad then select and copy e-mail address then select "use selection" in FieldPlus, the e-mail address will automatically transfer to the default SMS app!

Is there a way of changing the forwading of the e-mail addrerss to an e-mail app like Snappermail?

Similarly, wondering if there is a way to have the phone number "use selection" option on FieldPlus to switch to SMS, in addition to the default phone pad?
    Multi-clipboards would be nice... even better UNLIMITED storage space for copy/pasting text. Ofcourse it would be limited to the amount of memory you have on your palm.

-CK
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Interesting quirk: when in T600's memo pad then select and copy e-mail address then select "use selection" in FieldPlus, the e-mail address will automatically transfer to the default SMS app!

Is there a way of changing the forwading of the e-mail addrerss to an e-mail app like Snappermail?

Similarly, wondering if there is a way to have the phone number "use selection" option on FieldPlus to switch to SMS, in addition to the default phone pad?
    FieldPlus uses a standard Palm API to send email addresses to whatever application is registered by default to handle email. It sounds like your system configuration has gotten screwed up somehow. It's up to each provider (email) application to register for handling this properly, so unfortunately, I can't suggest a fix.

For phone numbers, there is a standard system dialog that opens allow the user to select whether to dial or SMS the number.

-Ansel
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Oh no, the problem isn't the app at all (Hi-Launcher). It's just that I have assigned holding the Menu button to bring up Hi-Launcher and the Home button to "previous application". This setup emulates the way traditional SE phones work and IMO is the most intuitive. Which leaves the command bar unassigned... on my Tungsten C, it was assigned as Option + Menu and I'd like that for the 650 as well. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    Thanks, I was just interested in the specific use case. It's likely that opt+menu will be supported in the next FP release.

-Ansel
  15.    #115  
    Advanced clip board functionality in unlikely to appear in FP. Clipboard management is a larger issue than I want to deal with in FP. There are other applications that address this (such as ClipPro) which should complement the selection functionality of FP nicely.

-Ansel
    Thanks, I was just interested in the specific use case. It's likely that opt+menu will be supported in the next FP release.
    Thanks!

Advanced clip board functionality in unlikely to appear in FP. Clipboard management is a larger issue than I want to deal with in FP. There are other applications that address this (such as ClipPro) which should complement the selection functionality of FP nicely.
    Yeah I totally agree. Clip Pro or any other app which hacks the clipboard is a major cause of system instability. I wouldn't recommend it; it'll only destroy the usefulness of FP.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Thanks!

Yeah I totally agree. Clip Pro or any other app which hacks the clipboard is a major cause of system instability. I wouldn't recommend it; it'll only destroy the usefulness of FP.
    I def thing FP is fine the way it is, and I already own and use clip pro (which works very well). I just thought that if the features of clip pro could be easily incorperated into FP, it might save others the $13.

I have found no instability with clip pro and FP, what issues have you come across?
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsjmail
    I have found no instability with clip pro and FP, what issues have you come across?
    Ditto
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  19.    #119  
    I think rudychow was less hinting at issues where he's found incompatibilities, and more that integrating the feature set required to do clipboard handling (and it's related system hijacking) in FP could reduce FP's overall stability.

-Ansel
    I think a reasonable compromise would be for FP to include an option to launch Clip Pro's Action Menu under one of FP's very own Action Menu items. This way, users who need / don't need multiple clipboard functionality will both be happy.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast