Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Let's take time out to give this guy what he truly deserves! A BIG BIG THANK YOU!
    It's not often that you get someone as dedicated who is in it purely to improve the Treo and not for the money. arognlie, you're one hell of a person
  2.    #62  
    The next thing I'll be adding is an exclusion list.

I am aware that high performance apps (such as NesEm) will suffer while FieldPlus is enabled. In order to get it to turn of FieldPlus completely now, you must uncheck the enable/use option for Selection and Command Bar, and set the Center Action to 'not use'. This will cause FieldPlus to completely disengage itself. Your configurations (though hidden) will be remembered and restored once you re-enable FieldPlus. The fact that you must also set the center action to none to get FP to disengage is a bug on my part. Sorry! If it takes more than a week to roll out a version with an exclusion list, I'll post a separate bug fix.

Under typical usage, having FieldPlus enabled should have no noticeable system impact, aside from vastly improving the usability of the Treo.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Great app keep up the great work!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by arognlie
    I'm loathe to add an explicit 'exit' to the popup. Seems a waste of space. And once you know that left exits, it seems that going to the exit (cancel) pick would take more time than just pressing left.
    I think you are right, adding an extra item would take up space. Just update the txt file and if dimwits like me have trouble they just have to RTFM

Execellent apps
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Feel like a 'dunce', but can not figure out how to make it autodial.
    I can select a phone number, paste it somewhere, but just don't get how to 'autodial'

HELP!!!!
    RJuhl
  6.    #66  
    Auto-dial was removed for this release. There were many cases where selections were being used unintentionally. Instead, you should select 'use selection' from the popup menu. This also gives you the flexibility to be more sloppy in selection. If there is a phone number on a line of text, you can select the whole line, then select use selection. Use selection will find the first usable thing (phone/url/email) in the selection, and send it to the appropriate application.
  7.    #67  
    FieldPlus 2.1 has been released. It includes support for disabling itself during certain applications. This is especially useful if you are running high-performance applications such as NesEm. Get FieldPlus from PalmGear using the link below!

-Ansel

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=89468
    Fantastic job as usual! Thanks!!
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
  9.    #69  
    It was inevitable... FieldPlus 2.2 has been released with integrated movement without selection for option + left / right. A nice feature about this being integrated into FP is that what the option key-based movement considers to be a word is based on the same word settings that selection uses, so the location of the cursor after movement or selection is entirely consistent and configurable.

Dowload FieldPlus 2.2 from PalmGear at http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=89468

-Ansel
    FP 2.2, sorry I'm not sure if it's me being thick or if it's a bug, but this seems a backwards step.
    Now FP will not select one word and then the next, one at a time. Once a word is selected I don't seem to be able to popup the menu using the centre button. ?
    Thought of the day :
    Small Bug:

For some reason, whenever the first character in a line is the "" symbol (what is it called anyway?), FieldPlus is unable to do text selecting for that line. Annoying as I usually use this symbol for points.
  12.    #72  
    rudychow, I am able to reproduce your situation. I'll take a look. ChasT, I don't understand your issue. Word-by-word selection works fine for me. Can you explain your issue more clearly? Things like your device, your preference settings, the app you are running when you see the problem, sample text you try to select on, and your sequence of key strokes can all be helpful.

-Ansel
  13.    #73  
    rudychow, could you see whether the attached file fixes your issue? As near as I can figure your issue was caused by some legacy code still floating around. This should be v2.2.1a.

-Ansel
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ChasT, I don't understand your issue. Word-by-word selection works fine for me. Can you explain your issue more clearly? Things like your device, your preference settings, the app you are running when you see the problem, sample text you try to select on, and your sequence of key strokes can all be helpful.

-Ansel
    OK, I loaded 2.1 just to make sure what it used to do, however I've worked out that the problem is only happening in DateBk5. In memo or Contacts I have no problem. 2.1 works OK in DateBk5, 2.2 does not

I'm using a Treo600 UK Orange GSM.
    The problem from within DateBK5 V-5.4a p7 is as follows:

I press the Option/up arrow to activate FP. The cursor is situated at the right hand end of a sentence of 3 words. I then press the left rocker once. The first word to the left is highlighted. If I then press left rocker again the cursor moves to the space between the words and the highlighted word is unselected. Another left press selects the next word, etc etc. In FP 2.1 I would slowly highlight each word and end up with the whole line highlighted.

Next problem, once a word is highlighted, if I press the center rocker button it goes to the entry properties form, instead of the FP menu. In 2.1 the menu would popup.

I assume the above is not the intended way 2.2 should work.

Let me know if you need more details of my setup.

Chas

ps 2.2.1a does not help
    Thought of the day :
  15.    #75  
    ChasT,

In your post you said Option/up. Did you mean Shift? Option+up has no meaning to FP. Shift+5way does selection (and the pop-up menu). Option+left/right does movement. Option+up/down/center is not processed by FP.

I'll d/l a datebk trial and see if I can replicate this on my 650. But could you clarify your key presses?

As an aside, DateBk has been a thorn in my side throughout FP's development. However, if it worked with 2.1 there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to have it work in 2.2.x.

-Ansel
    ChasT,

In your post you said Option/up. Did you mean Shift? Option+up has no meaning to FP. Shift+5way does selection (and the pop-up menu). Option+left/right does movement. Option+up/down/center is not processed by FP.

I'll d/l a datebk trial and see if I can replicate this on my 650. But could you clarify your key presses?

As an aside, DateBk has been a thorn in my side throughout FP's development. However, if it worked with 2.1 there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to have it work in 2.2.x.

-Ansel
    Sorry I meant Shift, not Option/up.
    As I say 2.1 works 100% in DateBK, 2.2 has major problems.
    I'm happy with 2.1, but I expect you have got more goodie which I would not want to miss out on if I stay on 2.1 forever

Trouble is, datebk is my most used app
    Thought of the day :
  17.    #77  
    I was able to get a similar problem under my 650, and I'm pretty sure I know what's at issue. The 650 and 600 treat field navigation (specifically the focus on a field) differently, so there was some imperfect behaviour of selection in memo, for instance, on the 650, though it had been fine on the 600. 2.2 introduced a fix for this behavioral discrepency, but DateBk5 does things in it's own way which my fix didn't address. Did I mention it's been a thorn in my side?

In any case, unless I'm completely off-base, I should have a fix presently, which I think will round out the 2.2.1 release.

-Ansel
  18. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    What a wonderful little app, Ansel! Great job!! One suggestion -- a lot of times, URLs in notes or messages leave off the leading 'http://' so perhaps you could have the action alslo parse URLs that just start with 'www.*' and/or end in '*.html', '*.htm', '*.com', '*.org', '*.net', '*.edu', etc?
    Last edited by Rob; 02/11/2005 at 10:30 PM.
  19.    #79  
    Ok, here's 2.2.1b which should restore the 2.1 behavior under DateBk. ChasT, could you verify?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by arognlie; 02/12/2005 at 10:46 PM.
  20.    #80  
    Rob, selecting www.yahoo.com (note the lack of http://) or even just yahoo.com in a memo works just fine for me. FP uses the same standard system library that draws underlines in VersaMail or Messaging to find urls, so anything you typically see underlined in those apps will be detectable by FP.

-Ansel
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast