Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    This is fantastic -- thanks for making it free...
  2.    #42  
    Just a small update tonight. I probably won't get much of a chance to do any more serious work on this until this weekend at the earliest.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=89468

Now, when autodial is enabled, rather than immediately jumping to the phone, the standard Treo Dal Number (like when you click a number in Blazer) is opened, allowing calling, messaging, or halting the operation.

I have a few more ideas on major features I'd like to add, but the updates will probably be less frequent for a bit.
    Take your well deserved rest! Thank you thank you thank you!!
    Love the auto-dial feature, arognlie! It's very useful and convenient. Great work! How 'bout an auto feature for emails and URL's?
    Wow. wow. You are the man arognlie. This is awesome. Thanks so much.
    works perfectly.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Excellent!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    Love the auto-dial feature, arognlie! It's very useful and convenient. Great work! How 'bout an auto feature for emails and URL's?
    That's on the list.
    arognile, this is a great app. thanks a lot.
    The phone number bit is great now.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I've installed the app and but I dont see the icon for it. Although it shows up on the list when I try do do a delete.
    I had this same problem too. There isn't an icon for it, it shows up under Preferences. Go to Prefs > FieldPlus.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I've installed the app and but I dont see the icon for it. Although it shows up on the list when I try do do a delete.
    Go into your system Prefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by arognlie
    That's on the list.
    Sweet! Thanks!
    Here's a bug report:

It seems FieldPlus 'breaks' the inbulit feature of holding shift+backspace to delete word-by-word (as opposed to character-by-character).
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Here's a bug report:

It seems FieldPlus 'breaks' the inbulit feature of holding shift+backspace to delete word-by-word (as opposed to character-by-character).
    Thanks. That has been reported to me and will be fixed in the next release. Until it was reported, I hadn't even known about that feature!
  17.    #57  
    FieldPlus has been updated to a 2.0 release! Here's a quick list of the feature differences:

v2.0

- Added additional selection operations including: select word, select line, select sentence, select all.
    - Added additional operations that can be performed on selections including: use selection, cut, copy, and paste.
    - Expanded use of center button to be disabled, perform a single selected action, or open a popup with all operations.
    - Optional optimized support after a cut or copy operation.
    - Removed auto-use option. (this was a temporary addition until a more active means of using selections was devised)
    - Fixed FieldPlus disabling standard Treo shift+backspace behavior.

This is a really big update from a usability standpoint, and I never would have gotten here without input, testing, and kind words from a few individuals. A big thank you to those involved!

You can get the latest version at PalmGear. The zip download now includes a README with a lot more information about the operation of FieldPlus. You should be able to install it over previous versions, but the more squeamish may want to remove any previously installed version.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=89468

Please, let me know what you all think.

-Ansel
    Upgraded over previous version without any troubles

On the popup menu, would it be possible to have a escape option. At the moment it is very dificult to exit the popup menu if you change your mind about wanting to carryout an operation. I think currently you can only easily escape by clciking the "toggle mode" selection ? If you see what I mean.

However it a great app, I love it

ps edit note, just found that pressing the shift key will exit popup, but an exit option might still be nice ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Thanks for the update, Ansel! I had the same issue with ChasT where I didn't know how to abort the pop-up menu until I hit the SHIFT key or LEFT button. Before I figured it out, I tried tapping outside the pop-up box.

Other than that, it's working great so far. I'll play with it more tonight and if something comes up, I'll let you know.
  20.    #60  
    Left is the intended means of cancelling the popup. Apparently, shift and option will do it too. Would updating the documentation be enough to make this clear, or is there some other method in mind?

I'm loathe to add an explicit 'exit' to the popup. Seems a waste of space. And once you know that left exits, it seems that going to the exit (cancel) pick would take more time than just pressing left.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast