Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I have not tried any other apps, what about highlighting then of the center button is pressed the dialer I mentioned earlier pops up?
    Treoing & Loving it
  2.    #22  
    I think I have a solution. When the user stops selecting, either by releasing the Shift button in two-handed selections, or by pressing the Shift key to disengage one-handed mode, it could inspect the current selection. If it 'looks' like a number (basically strip out any likely phone characters like '(-)', then see if the length is 7, 10, or 11 digits) send it to the phone to dial. I can see about invoking (or duplicating) the dialog you get when clicking a number.

FYI. This won't address pen-based selection. I guess something like Clip Pro would be still be needed for that.
    I like that idea
    Treoing & Loving it
    Yes a very good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by arognlie
    Would you rather non-alnum non-whitespace characters go letter-by-letter? Maybe group non-alnum non-whitespace characters with regular characters?
    I think that would be better--at least make it a user option/preference
    Another option? For instance, I could see some people would want to have 'hyphenated-text' selected all as one, while some might want to have the cursor stop on the word boundaries. I'm happy to continue tweaking this until we get it just right.
    I was going to suggest exactly that. Yes, I think 'hyphenated-text' should be selectable in entirety.
    Regarding center toggle not in one-handed mode, it also works for me if I hold Shift (two-handed mode). Did you hae something else in mind?
    Operator (me) error. Sorry. Works just fine.

Also, there's a bug in v1.2: If one has a non-alnum charcter at the very beginning of the text field (top of page, left), selecting it will cause the cursor to whack-out as well as cause a full system freeze, requiring a reset, but only if 'word select skips spaces' is checked.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    Also, there's a bug in v1.2: If one has a non-alnum charcter at the very beginning of the text field (top of page, left), selecting it will cause the cursor to whack-out as well as cause a full system freeze, requiring a reset, but only if 'word select skips spaces' is checked.
    See what happens when you ask for changes? Things break!

OK. I'll take a look tonight again. Look for a 1.3 tomorrow that fixes that, modifies the symbol selection behavior, and has some sort of support for dialing.
  7.    #27  
    One thing regarding dialing. Can anyone clue me in on non US numbers??? Any other symbols typically used? Are the lengths different?
    MarknDial
    Quote Originally Posted by arognlie
    One thing regarding dialing. Can anyone clue me in on non US numbers??? Any other symbols typically used? Are the lengths different?
    You might want to have a look at MarknDial to see how they handle numbers.
  9.    #29  
    Thanks, though with that, it's really the user deciding whether what they're selecting is a number. They communicate that by clicking the command bar icon. I guess I'll just come up with something, and if people run into problems, I'll tweak it then.
    I'm sorry for repeating this, but did you consider the menu+key route I mentioned before? You could select the text, click the menu key and a normally unused key, say Menu+Alt key or menu+shift key to initiate dialing of the selection. This seems like a reasonable system to me.
    That's what MarknDial does. You manually select the number then press menu+space bar. In fact that process currently works with TST, ClipPRO as well as FieldPlus.
  12.    #32  
    NSiNSiNSi- I'll play around with a couple of things. Maybe yet another option will come out of this:

Dial phone numbers:
    - automatically when selected
    - on Menu+Space
    - on Menu+Shift
    - on Menu+Alt

This may turn into more than a one-nighter, though I still promise the bug fix for tomorrow.
    I'm having a really weird issue w/ this program. I put the .prc file in my list of apps to install on next sync, then run a sync. The app disappears from the list when the sync is done, but the app is no where to be found on my Treo! I've installed a lot of programs on my Treo already, any idea what this could be?

EDIT: Nevermind, the newbie found it. I'm gonna go hide in the corner now.
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    I'm having a really weird issue w/ this program. I put the .prc file in my list of apps to install on next sync, then run a sync. The app disappears from the list when the sync is done, but the app is no where to be found on my Treo! I've installed a lot of programs on my Treo already, any idea what this could be?

EDIT: Nevermind, the newbie found it. I'm gonna go hide in the corner now.
    Look in system > prefs > FieldPlus. Similar to Profiles. Just in case someone else asks.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  15.    #35  
    Version 1.3 is now posted at PalmGear.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=89468

I fixed the field overrun bug elysian9 reported. Also, there is a new option for symbol selection behavior, as well as the first option for number dialing. You can either autodial after completing a selection, or you can disable that feature until I add some more activation options as discussed earlier in this thread.

Again, you should just be able to install this right over any other version installed.

Enjoy!
    Auto dial works well for me, only problem is the fact that you can not stop it from dialling once you have selected it. I know you are working on a "switch" selection for this, which will be great, but just thought you would like to know that it works OK on UK phone numbers
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Auto dial works well for me, only problem is the fact that you can not stop it from dialling once you have selected it. I know you are working on a "switch" selection for this, which will be great, but just thought you would like to know that it works OK on UK phone numbers
    You can either autodial after completing a selection, or you can disable that feature until I add some more activation options as discussed earlier in this thread.
    Treoing & Loving it
  18.    #38  
    Also, I haven't given up yet on opening an intermediate dialog for the autodial. So basically, with autodial, I can prompt the user. I think that when I add the more active dial modes, I won't open any more dialogs as the user has more actively indicated their intention to try to dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I think your second quote was from arognlie not me

I did read his post and was just adding a positive rely and 2nd'ing his thoughts on this, but then you realised that didn't you gt51
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    oops
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast