1.    #1  
    Has anyone else had problems with the media in the Treo 650? When I go to the Pics&Videos, it takes forever to load, it lags something horrible, and the refresh rate is outstandingly slow. Anyone know the problem?
  2.    #2  
    Does anyone know anything about the Palm OS 6 and if you could use it on the treo 650 ever? On top of that does the Pacific Rim Open Hard Case for Treo 600 also work for the Treo 650
    I usually only get lag if the pictures or videos are stored on SD card and it is reading them from there.
    I think it extremely doubtful that the 650 will ever get an upgrade to OS6. (Even if OS6 ever becomes functional enough to use in a phone) I can't recall Palm ever offering a full version OS upgrade. They'd much rather sell you a new device.

As for the lag, where are you reading the files from? If it's internal storage, there's not much you can do. If it's the SD card, then buying a Sandisk Ultra II card might help a good bit.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    Could it be because I have like 400 some odd pictures on it? I mean it takes like 15 seconds to load the album, then when I scroll its choppy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcctnt2000
    Could it be because I have like 400 some odd pictures on it? I mean it takes like 15 seconds to load the album, then when I scroll its choppy.
    I have the same issue. I am using a PQI 1 Gig card. Not sure of speed of it though. When I try to use the scroll bar to hurry down the list it just pulls me up to the top again when I try to choose a picture and I have to use the 5 way to go down...slowwwwwwly..and choppy.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  7.    #7  
    Yeah, that's exactly it, except mines doing it from internal memory. Is there any way to resolve that? Or is it just a unfixable bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    ...I can't recall Palm ever offering a full version OS upgrade. They'd much rather sell you a new device....
    Whoa! How many Palms have you owned? They have offered OS upgrades at least 3 times that I can recall. Full version x.0 upgrades too, not counting the 0.x updates of which there have been plenty as well.

I upgraded a palm personal, palm III, palm IIIx, M505, M515 and a Tungsten|T in addition to a Clie and a TRGPro.

Not that I disagree with you on the Treo getting OS6, just commenting on the "Palm ever offering a full version OS Upgrade" They have, more then once. Sometimes free and other times for a fee. Sometimes ROM Update/RAM Patch, sometimes hardware.
    Last edited by mattyparanoid; 01/11/2005 at 08:57 AM.
    I did a soft reset and things sped up a little. Try that.