Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    I just got one and i noticed that the brick gets rather warm almost hot, powering my lap top, toshiba, is this normal??
    thx
    I also use Igo. I use the power adapter that sprint provided with the 650 and tip A00 (for use with for my old SE).

The wall unit makes some funny noises, while charging, however it, nor the 650 seem to get abnormally hot. Which igo tip are you using?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    same tip but this is for the laptop unit , it just seemed to get hot charging?
    I've got the A00 tip, which I think is what I used for my Zire31. Just wanted to make sure that folks have had good experience charging the Treo 650 with this....??
    I use it with the IGO car charger and it works fine.
    Semper Fi
    If you want a free IPod click Free IPod

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtgmt
    I just got one and i noticed that the brick gets rather warm almost hot, powering my lap top, toshiba, is this normal??
    thx
    Mine gets warm, but I don't think I'd say hot. But most of my laptop power supplies have gotten warm while charging.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Please go to the igo web site and tell them to create a tip for the Treo 650. Supposedly the do not have plans to develop one yet (hard to believe). Customer requests could change their opinion or at least raise the priority.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    It seems there is now an iGo tip available -- clicking through PDA/PalmOne offers this for the Treo650/Tungsten T5:

iGo itips: A43 for Select Handheld/PDA's
    SKU#: MOB 6600643-01 | PRICE: $9.99

it seems to be the actual tip. I'd be interested if someone is using one. I've been making do with the A00 tip and the Sprint connector but it's only a matter of time till I lose that connector, it's always falling off.
    I orderred the A43 tip today. I will provide feedback once I get it.
    I just received the A43 tip and it does not fit the Juice 70, or the peripheral power system (PPS) dongle designed to charge a second device. Looked on the web site, and the PPS is no longer mentioned, but instead they want to sell you a dual power system (that I suppose would work with the A43 tip). Called IGO and the guy didn't have a clue, said he would call me back... yeah right..

So these IGO a&*%@*'s sell me 12 months ago - the now obselete PPS, a Gamin IQUE tip, a Treo 600 tip, and now I have incorrectly purchased from Buy.com a Treo 650 tip that doesn't work with the PPS. Seems like it would be fair if they provided the dual power cable and the applicable tips that work together.

I may be able to buy the A00 tip to use with the 650 charger connector that came with the phone? Can someone confirm this is correct. Thanks.
    Radio Shack sells the new splitter for the Treo 650 tip for $15. I had tp upgrade my splitter when I move from my Sony/Ericsson phone to the 650.