Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Is there a single prc file that I can load for the voice patch?? I'm not really interested in loading a ROM.

Thanks!
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    That would be wonderful! I could safely 'fix' my wife's 650 in this manner and use a Custom ROM for mine...but somehow I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    Is there a single prc file that I can load for the voice patch?? I'm not really interested in loading a ROM.

Thanks!
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Just go to www.shadowmite.com and download the original voice quality patched ROM.

Or just click here-
    http://shadowmite.com/Sound%20Qualit...20Original.zip

(Read the instructions carefully to avoid frying your device. You have virtually no risk if you follow them exactly).

Good luck.

EDIT. To directly answer your question, no, there is not a single .prc file. i suspect if Palm ever steps up to the plate on this issue, they may have a .prc file. I could not afford to wait (use the phone for work) so I flashed the ROM and have been happy with the results.
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    I ended up loading the #3 ROM. Very easy! I'll see how well it works tomorrow night at the Twolves vs Lakers game
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    EDIT. <snip> i suspect if Palm ever steps up to the plate on this issue, they may have a .prc file. I could not afford to wait (use the phone for work) so I flashed the ROM and have been happy with the results.
    This is improbable. The fix is basically a repair of a file in the ROM. The only way I see it possible is in the case of the file we use to change the Sprint Splash....that is if one exists in RAM, it overrides ROM. But even if this is possible, why would you want to do it? That would mean duplicating the app in ROM in the RAM and just taking up precious space.

It's extremely doubtful that Palm would go that route. In the past, bug fixes such as this have always meant a ROM update.