1.    #1  
    A couple weeks ago when I got my 650 I uninstalled my previous palm desktop and installed the version from the CD that came with the 650.

Ever since then I can't use the hotsync "file link" feature.

Can anyone else with a 650 who installed palm desktop from the CD use this?

You can test it quickly without actually using it. If you open palm desktop, go to the hotsync menu and select "file link", if anything at all happens you get further than I do. When you do that a dialog should pop up. When I do that the palm desktop window loses focus (the window title turns grey) but nothing else happens.

This sucks I really need that.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Quote Originally Posted by KEYofR
    A couple weeks ago when I got my 650 I uninstalled my previous palm desktop and installed the version from the CD that came with the 650.

Ever since then I can't use the hotsync "file link" feature.

Can anyone else with a 650 who installed palm desktop from the CD use this?

You can test it quickly without actually using it. If you open palm desktop, go to the hotsync menu and select "file link", if anything at all happens you get further than I do. When you do that a dialog should pop up. When I do that the palm desktop window loses focus (the window title turns grey) but nothing else happens.

This sucks I really need that.
    I just noticed the problem below. Truly bad new, I use this feature. I had a file link before. Today, the info in the file changed, and now the HotSync process freezes while trying to sync Contacts. The only way I can successfully sync now is to choose handheld-overwrites-desktop! I can't find a way to unlink. Merde! :-(
    I found the answer here: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(3553),ts=Palm_External2001

File link is not supported on Treo650!!!! Buggers!

In order to fix HotSync issues, deleting/renaming the linked file on the PC allowed HotSync to function. Deleting the link category on Palm Desktop 4.1.4 seems to have erased the link from its brains.