1.    #1  
    I'm one of the few still on thie original T600, I've had it almost 2 years with NO problems...until the last week or so. It started as an intermitant problem, I'd have 3 or 4 bars of signal, dial a number, it would say connecting, but before the call would go through it would suddenly drop to no bars say "searching" for a brief flash of a second...jsut long enough to drop the call. Well it's now happening MOST of the time when I try to place a call....Tried aboth a soft and hard reset with no difference...thoughts? I have the Spring inssurance program...
    Sounds like exactly the problem. Get it replaced. Try to do it w/o using the insurance by going to the Sprint store.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    My GSM Treo did this on occassion. I got a new SIM card from T-Mobile and the problem seems to have resolved itself. T-Mobile chalked it up to having an old SIM with invalid tower info. Not sure why a Sprint Treo would behave this way.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    I'm one of the few still on thie original T600
    Believe me, you're not one of the few. Quite a lot of us still have/use the 600.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I think he means that he hasn't had any replacements yet. Which IS rarity, methinks.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, that's what I mean, I still have my FIRST T600. Seems to work OK as long as I keep the battery charged to at least 60%, if it drops any lower...network search...
    Your symptoms sound like the network search problems sited in this forum. I also have an original 600 since Oct '03 but have never seen this. But then again, I always have the battery > 80%. I think I'll let it drain for a couple days to see if I have this issue. Wish me luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by duandcc
    Yes, that's what I mean, I still have my FIRST T600. Seems to work OK as long as I keep the battery charged to at least 60%, if it drops any lower...network search...
    I've had two replacements and I'm willing to bet that your problem is caused by the battery starting to die. I had the exact same problem but it got worse until it would only work when it was 90% charged or plugged in. Your options are to try to get Sprint to replace it or to install a new battery yourself.

http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=BATT
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  9.    #9  
    OK, got it swapped out at the Sprint Store...thanks guys!
    I'm still using my first (and original Handspring branded) GSM Treo 600 here also. I'd bet that most 600's are still with their original owners, despite the (perhaps percieved) high turnover rate among TC high tech junkies

Of course there is something strange with me. My 270 never needed replacement either.
    SInce I purchased it in Aug 2004 My Treo 600 has been replaced twice with a new not refirb units. It is only 4 to 5 months old and I seem to be having this "Network Search" Problem I have read about on the board. My service is Verizon. It has only happened twice the last time was last night at home. My battery is currently at 41% and I have not charged it since last night. I use my car charger about 80% of the time vs the home wall charger. Should I wait until it gets worse or call Verizon now? The local store in my area is crazy I could wait 1 to 2 hours to get through tech support. No Fun at all
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Your symptoms sound like the network search problems sited in this forum. I also have an original 600 since Oct '03 but have never seen this. But then again, I always have the battery > 80%. I think I'll let it drain for a couple days to see if I have this issue. Wish me luck.
    Drained battery to 25% - no network search, no dropped calls. I just love my original 16 month old Handspring T600. I have speculated that the units manufactured before P1 relocated the manufacturing facility (end of Oct '03) are the best T600s out there. This is the reason I don't want a replacement even if my Treo is starting to get banged up. Everything works and it's the clearest phone I have ever known (including relatives and friends). Best reception too. After reading about the T650's problems - no thanks PalmOne. I don't think I'll even be in a hurry to get the next version. I'll wait for the die hards to beta test. I'll live with my HANDSPRING T600 for a long while.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm with ChemEngr on this one. My T600 is also "Handspring" from mid-Oct'03, and so far almost problem free (except "Network Search...", which is fixed with battery replacement). So I'm a-stickin' with my T600 until my 18-month sentence with Sprint is up and I can get $150 off on a then-better T650 (assuming they work our the many kinks in that one).
    --- Baba