Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I ran across this case on ebay... Anyone own one? It has a magnet at the bottom of the case that makes your treo go in sleep mode.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5742570122
    Funny you ask. I just recived mine today (I was going to post about it but you beat me to it!). I came across this on ebay after looking at every case posted on every forum, and only half-liking them at best. I recieved my case today, and my initial feelings are positive. The case doesn't feel cheap, and it looks good. The snap is cool too, it's magnetic. It holds my Treo in the case if I hold the case upside down, and it lifts easily if you pull it from the edge.

It doesn't hold your Treo too far away from your belt (a huge requirement for me), and the clip rotates 360 degrees.

I'll post pictures of my Treo + case tomorrow. I highly recommend it.
  3.    #3  
    whats with the magnet thing making the treo goto sleep?does it turn the phone off? what exactly does the magnet do? Also when you pull the phone out of the case does it answer and cancel your call? I have my old slipcase from my treo600 and it keeps answering and canceling my phone calls. its getting real annoying.
    Huh? Magnet making the Treo go to sleep??

The magnet is just the way the flap secures itself onto the front of the case. Instead of velcro, or a metal snap, this one is a magnet. The case fits the Treo very well. It's not too tight so that it answers your calls (it hasn't yet for me), but you can tell that this is not a generic case because the Treo doesn't move around at all in the case. It's a perfect fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    whats with the magnet thing making the treo goto sleep?does it turn the phone off? what exactly does the magnet do? Also when you pull the phone out of the case does it answer and cancel your call? I have my old slipcase from my treo600 and it keeps answering and canceling my phone calls. its getting real annoying.
    There are apps that will fix your issue. Try out TreoGuard.
    Quote Originally Posted by splufdaddy
    Huh? Magnet making the Treo go to sleep??
    From the link Michael provided, it mentions about the "sleep mode magnet." Is that true?

DELUX Leather Case / Pouch with Sleep Mode Magnet

* Absolutely Gorgeous Premium Quality!!
    * Brand New
    * Perfect fit
    * Perfect Stitching
    * Affordable
    * Protect your phone
    * Magnetic strap keeps case closed and holds unit firmly in place.
    * Inner Felt liner to protect your key pad and screen from scrathes
    * leather wrapped metal swivel clip.
    * Built in Magnet shuts unit off automatically when you insert in pouch to save battery!
    * Beautiful way to carry your Treo!
    I have no idea why the auction says that. I just left my Treo on and slipped it in and out of the case: nothing happened. That's a really weird claim. This case won't automatically shut off your Treo or fix world hunger, but it keeps your Treo safe, secure and easily accessible.

This is the auction I won, and it makes no mention of this auto-shutoff feature.
  8.    #8  
    Splufdaddy i just emailed your guy and he said that the magnet feature is only for the blackberry and not the treo. So i guess the other guy doesnt know what he is selling. I will be ordering one of these cases after you post a bunch of pics and you use yours a bit... SO get a move on it!!!! LMAO j/k i look forward to your pics and your info.

Thanks,

Michael
    yep, most blackberry cases have a function (via a magnet like this one) that automatically turn on (when taking out of the case) and turn off (when placing back in the case) the screen on the device. Nice, but that also keeps a lot of third party case makers out of the game. Guess these guys on eBay managed to work it out.
    These pics aren't the greatest, but they give you a different view of the case. I really do like this case, and i'm pretty picky about cases. I last had a body glove case for my LG vx6000, and I loved that it kept my phone secure, but allowed me to use it without a bulky form fitting case. This is the same type of case. Fits the phone great, feels good on the belt and is smooth to operate.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11.    #11  
    OK, You sold me... I just bought mine on ebay!. Thanx
    Does the clip really swivel? Pic doesn't look it.

"leather wrapped metal swivel clip"
    hhb
    Yeah, it swivels 360 degrees, and locks every 45 degrees so it won't swing freely. The clip is sturdy, and the leather is nice because it protects your belt from getting chewed up.
  14.    #14  
    So how are you liking your new case? Any problems yet? Does it answer your calls when you pull it out? Is there a spot to charge the phone without taking it out of the case?
    Still loving this case. No problems, just a simple, good looking and good fitting case. I also like the magnet closure. Most cases have snaps that are magnetic, but this case is just magnetic. I find it to be plenty strong, I have tipped the case upside down with the Treo inside and the Treo doesn't come out. All in all, a great case.
  16.    #16  
    Splufdaddy So now that you have been using this case. How do you like it? I'm still waiting for mine. Its not here yet... I am going bananas because im using my old slip case from my 600 and everytime i pull it out it answers and hangs up the phone call. Does this new case ever do that? I hope not. What do you not like about it? Anything?
    I still love the case. The case swivels beautifully, and the case feels comfortable whether I'm sitting down or standing. I usually use the case horizontally, but I've used it vertically with no problem. I really like the magnetic closure. The case easily opens if you slip your finger underneath the lid, but it hasn't yet opened unexpectedly, and I don't see how it could unless you do something really out of the ordinary. I'm pretty particular about cases, and this one is great. Functions well, looks great and securely holds my Treo. Let me know how you like yours when you get it!

If you ordered yours from the same ebay seller I ordered mine from: mine took almost two weeks to arrive (I ordered it right before christmas). The seller said that there were some problems with the distributor, etc etc. However, the seller was in contact throughout the entire process, and really saved themselves from a negative feedback. Good luck!
    splufdaddy,

I don't see a cutout for the speaker. Is it difficult to hear the phone ring? And can you feel it vibrate? A lot of thick leather pouches make it difficult to feel the vibrate function.

Thanks,

Micah
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcphcf73
    splufdaddy,

I don't see a cutout for the speaker. Is it difficult to hear the phone ring? And can you feel it vibrate? A lot of thick leather pouches make it difficult to feel the vibrate function.

Thanks,

Micah
    Ahhh, all good questioins.. Im wondering the same. Does the case have cut outs for the connectors? I want something that I can slip in and out of easily to use Ptunes and my head phones while working out, but keep the Treo nice and tight - this is an EXCELLENT looking case, as the Nutshell is the only other one I really liked (Besides the Candlelight pink Vaja case that I'm dying for) but wow, $55 bucks? This is a much better priced case.

Bek
    As for hearing the phone ring: There is no cutout for the speaker, but I have some MP3 ringtones that I can hear pretty well while the phone is in the holster. Some quieter ringers may be a problem, but I haven't missed any calls due to not hearing the ringer.

As for the vibrate: The Treo is no help in trying to overcome a thick case. I've found that it's hit or miss - When the case is sitting just right on my belt, the vibrate is very noticeable. However, if the case isn't sitting just right, I've heard the phone ring and thought vibrate was off. I think the key to having the case sitting right is to have your belt tight (normal tight, not cutting off circulation), and having the case's clip all the way down on your belt so the inside-top part of the clip is touching the top of your belt. This way you get a lot of the case making contact w/ you, and...oh la la, vibration.

As far as cutouts - I'm sorry to report that there are none. I was disappointed in this too, as I'd love to keep the phone in the holster and use it as an MP3 player.

All in all, when I compared this case to the others out there, this one lacked a feature or two from some of the other cases, but this case was less then half the cost of some of the other cases out there. I would love to have cutouts or a sleeker looking vaja, but at $100, this $20 case more than does the trick. Let me know when you guys get yours, I'd love to hear some other opinions! Keep firing away w/ the questions, I've still asked way more questions than I have answered on TC.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast