Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I received mine today. Feels great, stays near my body. I don't have a problem feeling the vibration and the ringtones that I use are clearly heard. I even slid it in the case with my headphone adapter attached. Lid did not close all the way, but I usually cut the flaps off these types of cases anyway. It still felt very secure.
  2.    #22  
    I got my case yesterday. I love the case works perfect. The only thing i noticed but im not sure if its the case or what. Is when i goto camera and put it on a white background. I notice a orange red color hue the shape of the magnet. Im wondering if it has effected my screen. Im not sure if its the phone thats a piece of crap or the case that did it. Im returning the phone anyhow so it doesnt matter.

If you have the case. try it out. Line up where the flap covers the screen.( i have my screen facing the magnet flap) aim the cam at something with a white background. See if you can see a discoloration in the shape of the flap. Kinda like a "O"
    That doesn't sound good. Splufdaddy or JohnH59, can either or both of you confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    That doesn't sound good. Splufdaddy or JohnH59, can either or both of you confirm?

I keep my phone facing in, so I can't confirm. I keep in facing in for the protection as well as it's facing the right direction when I slip it out of the case.

I did look and there isn't anything in my screen view in the camera app.
    I don't see this problem either. I also keep my phone facing in for the same reasons as John. The only thing I notice when pointing my camera at a white surface is that there are some rings if the surface is really bright. They aren't colored though, they are just different degress of white. This is more of a limitation on either the screen or camera though, as neither are a very high resolution.
    OK good, thank you both.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I have my phone facing out....no problem with my screen with this awesome case
    I am a technology coordinator for a school district and I spoke with one of our technicians today. I mentioned the screen concern with a magnet. He said that he would suggest keeping the screen away from the magnet. He told me that they have to fix numerous CRT's as well as LCD panels due to students putting magnets on the screens. He says they do it to see the color changes. Since the Treo screen is a LCD screen, it makes sense what he said.
    Noticed this case is still on Ebay under another listing(s), i.e. Item number: 5748480597, any other issues/concerns since the last posting from those who purchased it...I've got my pre-price increase unlocked 650 coming soon...
    Uggh, why does every case have its fatal flaw. This looks good.. but would hate to have a case where it ruined the screen just b/c I forgot to put it in facing backwards.
    For owners of this case ..... have you had any problems with your screen due to magnet?
    I have had mine since the 19th of January and have not had any problems. Like I said in an earlier post I keep the screen facing in. It just makes it easier when pulling from the case. It is already in position to talk.
    I guess could slip out magnets and sew on some ?velcro. I'm typing this from my treo using blazer. OMG this thing is awesome!
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    I haven't had this problem either, and I've had my case for about a month. I usually keep my screen facing in like John for the same reason, but I've had it facing out from time to time as well.
    I just bought one too. When I get it and my 650, I'll be sure to post back.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I just bought one myself on ebay. The seller emailed me very quickly and was most responsive. They told me that they are starting a website to sell direct also. It is www.gizmoskin.com. Looking forward to checking this case out.

greg
    Been looking at these for a little while on this post and was worried about the magnet. This seller posted this in his auctions recently...

"Q: Will the magnet clip impact the phone's screen or reception?
    A: If you’ve ever left your Treo on a pile of change you will notice that it will pick up all of your silver change, the Treo already has a big magnet built into the loud speaker and it has no negative effect on your device."

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5750090224

However the treo magnet this guy is talking about is on the back of the device... I think I will do as some of you have recommended and put it in with the screen facing inwards when I get this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    I just bought one myself on ebay. The seller emailed me very quickly and was most responsive. They told me that they are starting a website to sell direct also. It is www.gizmoskin.com. Looking forward to
    hehe, looks like the price just doubled on the website -vs- what they were going for on ebay. Business must be good!
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
  19.    #39  
    Ok just an update. I love my case. I exchanged my phone yet again. And the color I noticed on my phone was on the new one as well. So it wasnt from the case. I would have to say if anyone is thinking about buying this case. Please by all means buy it. Its awesome. There is no holes to plug in the charger but it doesnt matter.

if you buy this case make sure you buy it from uniquemobile2 on ebay Hes a straight up, superfast, quick response kinda guy on ebay. I got my case in less that 4 days. he also has 100% feedback.

Anyhow whoever buys this case will be happy. Its by far the nicest case for the money. Also the phone is tight enough in the case to not move around. And easy to remove with 1 hand. the leather is also a nice quality. the over all build quality is A+++
    I ended up cutting the strap across the top off. With egrips, the phone does not slide at all and is much easier getting in and out of the case with one hand.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast