Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've got a Treo 650.

I've got an HP CLJ 3700 printer.

Assume I install a Bluetooth adapter on the printer.

What additional software (if any) will I need for Bluetooth printing from applications on the Treo 650?

Has anyone tried this? What works/what doesn't work?

Thank you.
    You need printing software for the treo. There are threads here that discuss printing and faxing, and the software you need. You can also check www.handango.com and www.handmark.com. There should be demo apps there.

As far as BT printing, I would love to hear your results.
    I just bought my 650 yesterday, so of course I am an expert now. I would like to be able to print either microsoft xl or word files with the use of blue tooth technologies do you have any suggestions.

Gary
    how can I use usb cable or BT to send to my computer to print on my printer....? I'd like to print web pages & email.
    btPrint Pro, $24.95 is supposed to be a dual purpose print utility for alll Palm devices running Palm OS 5.x. It prints both with bluetooth and infrared.

http://www.iscomplete.org/Store/

You can see the complete software and hardware compatibility list
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    btPrint Pro, $24.95 is supposed to be a dual purpose print utility for alll Palm devices running Palm OS 5.x. It prints both with bluetooth and infrared.

http://www.iscomplete.org/Store/

You can see the complete software and hardware compatibility list
    Does btPrint Pro work for Bluetooth printing from a Treo 650?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by From_WI
    Does btPrint Pro work for Bluetooth printing from a Treo 650?
    I'll reply to myself (for the benefit of others): I've tried btPrint Pro on my Treo 650. It did not work for Bluetooth printing.

Has anyone been successful in Bluetooth printing from a Treo 650?
    Printboy should support BT printing from the Treo afaikafaikafaik:

http://www.bachmannsoftware.com/

Other solutions include IR Print and Instep Print:

http://doctoprint.irprint.com/

http://www.instepgroup.com/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Printboy should support BT printing from the Treo afaikafaikafaik:

http://www.bachmannsoftware.com/

Other solutions include IR Print and Instep Print:

http://doctoprint.irprint.com/

http://www.instepgroup.com/
    I tried PrintBoy and it worked for IR printing but it did not work for BT printing.
    NewEgg has a Bluetooth print server for $17 after rebate at:

IOGEAR Bluetooth Print Server for $17

I've seen several suggestions for software in this thread, but none that have actual worked. Does anyone know of software for the Treo 650 that will successfully enable Bluetooth printing?
  11.    #11  
    For the benefit of others, I'd like to report that I was able to print to a bluetooth printer from by Treo 650.

It took a bit of an inve$tment -- but it works very well.

I'm using PrintBoy from Bachmann Software. It's a great program. www.bachmannsoftware.com

I've got an HP LaserJet 3015 All-in-One. Just under $300 at Sam's Club.

Then I bought an IOGear Parallel-USB Combo Bluetooth Print Adapter. It was about $80. It didn't work with the Treo 650, though. IOGear couldn't help. But they were responsive.

So I bought an HP BT1300 Parallel-USB Bluetooth Print Adapter. It cost me about $170 (ouch!) direct from HP.

Literally, it took me longer to get the adapter out of the box than it did to do my first bluetooth printing from the Treo 650 to the HP 3015. From start to finish it took about 5 minutes.

I'm impressed! Answering to an angry wife (complaining about my technology purchases going way over budget), but impressed. To be honest, even she was impressed.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwbaker
    NewEgg has a Bluetooth print server for $17 after rebate at:

IOGEAR Bluetooth Print Server for $17

I've seen several suggestions for software in this thread, but none that have actual worked. Does anyone know of software for the Treo 650 that will successfully enable Bluetooth printing?
    That's a great price and not a bad adapter. It works very well to allow bluetooth printing from a bluetooth-enabled computer.

But it did not work with my Treo 650. (Unfortunately, it cost me about $80 to learn that.) Whatever the Treo was sending, the adapter wasn't recognizing.

That incompatibility may (to some extent) explain the low price.
    This is the only feature I have yet to try with the Treo and my new HP Photosmart 8100 BT enabled printer. Will see.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    BlueTooth printing is going to become very important for me very soon, but printing to a "desktop" printer isn't going to cut it. I need a portable printer. I think that the Canon portable (i80 or something) has an optional BlueTooth module. Has anyone tried it?
    I have a Brother MW-140 BT which I use with IrPrint that came with my printer. I can print via Bluetooth with ease. My only setback is that IrPrint doesn't allow you to adjust document margins. I use it to print legal docs when out of the office, that I can enlarge to actual size in a copy machine. I've tried PrintBoy and it takes too much memory; PalmPrint doesn't work and TealPrint either.

Anymore feedback on printing apps?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Do any of these apps allow you to print Blazer web pages? I'd love to be able to walk into the overcrowded lab here at work with the page that I'm interested in printing already queued up, bypass the long wait line for a 'puter, beam my page to the printer (IR is fine with me), and walk out again with a hard copy of my web page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory
    Do any of these apps allow you to print Blazer web pages? I'd love to be able to walk into the overcrowded lab here at work with the page that I'm interested in printing already queued up, bypass the long wait line for a 'puter, beam my page to the printer (IR is fine with me), and walk out again with a hard copy of my web page.

Ivory:

Been running some tests and you can't print directly from the web with IR PRINT. What you can do is copy the page in Word To Go format --can't print in native Word format, save and print using the IR PRINT application. This has been the printing app that has worked best but its capabilities are limited basically to print Word to Go docs, Calendar and Contact entries. The app doesn't support images. This has been a mayor setback to my printing experience, when I have printer that has the capabilites to do so.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    hp 450 moblie printer has a BT module for it. It also does IR which is what I use. I havent tried the BT yet because I havent gotten a module for it yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Cat
    BlueTooth printing is going to become very important for me very soon, but printing to a "desktop" printer isn't going to cut it. I need a portable printer. I think that the Canon portable (i80 or something) has an optional BlueTooth module. Has anyone tried it?
    I know you want BT printing but my mobile solution, which works very well, is a Penatx Pocketjet II (battery or AC) with an optional Pentax IR adaptor. Prints any Doc to Go document from my 650 with excellent quality. I used to be wary of Thermal paper but the small size convenience and quality of the Pentax make up for any small drawback of carrying some sheets of special paper. I have tried many alternatives. This one works and is cheaper than others I have tried. I use inStep for my 650.
    any news on printing to BT from the 650?

It seems IRDA is the way to go.

Thought?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast