Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have both now and the printer has the (way overpriced ($100) BT adaptor on it. It works well with my laptop (if not a little slow). I will see if any of the recommended softwares have a free trial (My tech budget is sooooo shot too!) and see if I can get em to talk to each other.
    Ok, I haven't tried a doc or spreadsheet cuz I'm waiting for QuickOffice to send me a new registration code. but I printed 1 contact and one note. Funny thing is is that the print is VERY TINY!
    I have a Canon IP90 w/ BT adaptor, treo 650, free trial of printboy. Printboy didn't have the absolute correct driver so I tried other Canon rivers from a list (Canon BJC (TruePage). Setup was a breeze, Bachmann Printboy feels very solid.
    I'll keep playing with this and keep you informed.
    Printboy does not list the ip90 in their compatibility list. When you setup they give you the option to install any of a large number of drivers listed by Brand. The Canon (truepage) drivers seem to cause the little tiny print. I did a reinstall and checked canon and it printed a document full sized however, it was black and white and the text on the original doc was blue. All in all, I think it works pretty well and I might buy it just for the novelty.
    I caught the hp 8050 for $130 with a $25 instant rebate & $30 mail in rebate @ staples... So I paid $110 out of pocket with tax... Picked up a HP BT dongle for $37-shipped (buy.com)

It works fine with the 650 & the printboy sw... a 650 compatible bluetooth printer with dongle for less than $120 (cant beat it) just a FYI for anybody in the market for a 650 compatible BT printer

*sidenote* but I'm still on the fence with Printboy... $40 is kinda steep... the geek in me says yes... the cheapskate says nope lol
    HTC Touch Pro
    You know, I have been using palm for a long time. Still remember my TRG pro. Since its begining, printing was always a problem.
    Not a computer guy, but why is it that POS never thought of providing this with their OS? Or other SW writers did not get on it - now with BT.
    I had purchased palmprint way back then. Maybe they will upgrade it for me.
    You might try PalmPrint by Stevens Creek. I use it by IR every day it also has bluetooth listed but I have not try it. My question is if you have your bluetooth headset on will you be able to print by buletooth ?
    Treo 680 On ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    *sidenote* but I'm still on the fence with Printboy... $40 is kinda steep... the geek in me says yes... the cheapskate says nope lol
    *update* I just realized I can print without using Printboy... I just have to go thru FileZ to do so... $40 bucks saved!
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    *update* I just realized I can print without using Printboy... I just have to go thru FileZ to do so... $40 bucks saved!
    Cool, that's REAL good to know. Question, are you able to access your pics with FileZ? I just took a look and did not see an option.

Could you please post a pic when you get a chance of one of your BT pics printed off?

I think I need an accessory for my HP printer to enable the BT printing, I will followup now since I maynot need additonal software afterall.

Thanks.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdabldr View Post
    Printboy does not list the ip90 in their compatibility list. When you setup they give you the option to install any of a large number of drivers listed by Brand. The Canon (truepage) drivers seem to cause the little tiny print. I did a reinstall and checked canon and it printed a document full sized however, it was black and white and the text on the original doc was blue. All in all, I think it works pretty well and I might buy it just for the novelty.
    This is the same setup (Printboy to ip90 from Docs2Go) that I am struggling to make work. I can get either microscopic print (like you saw) or the printer's one and only built-in font (courier, 12). I can not--for the life of me--get Docs2Go to print even one word in a specific font at a specific size. All I need is to print two names (nametags) at 24pt Times (or Arial) wirelessly. I've been trying all of the print software possibilities but am running out of options.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12