Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After setting up Gloonet I continue to get the www issue no matter what I do. Has anyone gotten this problem then solved to enjoy the program?? Any help would be appreciated.
    I get the same "Unable to Start Service"
    When I login on Gloonet is get:

Missing a connection to the GlooNet Home Gateway for this account.

If your GlooNet Home Gateway is running, please wait two minutes for it to reestablish a connection to the GlooNet service.

If the problem persists, try restarting your GlooNet Home Gateway.
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
  3.    #3  
    Exactly what are we doing wrong??? It seems to be a really good program hopefully someone can give us some input.
    When I log into my GlooNet account I get a "Missing Gateway" error.

Before you log into your GlooNet account from a browser, make sure that you have connected to GlooNet on your computer from the GlooNet software. To establish a connection to GlooNet, click on Connection Manager from the GlooNet Software and type in your GlooNet username and password. Click the Connect button and confirm that the status becomes "Connected". Reload your browser or re-log into your GlooNet account.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cs123
    When I log into my GlooNet account I get a "Missing Gateway" error.

Before you log into your GlooNet account from a browser, make sure that you have connected to GlooNet on your computer from the GlooNet software. To establish a connection to GlooNet, click on Connection Manager from the GlooNet Software and type in your GlooNet username and password. Click the Connect button and confirm that the status becomes "Connected". Reload your browser or re-log into your GlooNet account.

I followed these directions to the "T" and still had no luck. Is this a common problem???
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    I had the problem too... pretty sure it's a firewall problem. i had to disable norton personal firewall. However, i still have Windows firewall running (using XP SP2). Try turning off all software firewalls and see if you can get to your homepage.
  7.    #7  
    So in order for me to use this I'm going to hae to turn off my firewalls???
    I can't seem to get Gloonet working either but I have a different issue: When I try to log in to the Gloonet website (with Blazer or WebPro), I get an error saying "Sorry, User 350 Error: No Session"

Anyone else get this?
    to previous post,
    click "log in here"
    enter your username and password
    that should do it
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleWill
    to previous post,
    click "log in here"
    enter your username and password
    that should do it
    Kyle, I did, and I got the same error. Any other suggestions? I can log in to Gloonet just fine with a PC browser.

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    did you log in both places in the app?
    I got it to work.
    I downloaded new java engine from www.java.com
    Uninstalled
    Then rebooted...reinstalled..and didnt get the missing error gateway.
    playlist folders didnt work, audio folders did localy on my computer but couldnt seem to find the folders on the other computers on my network.

Still beta though which is why its so buggy.

Look forward to when this develops, I can only hold 400 songs on my 1gb...included empire strikes back movie...lol
    Id like to be able to access the other 20,000 mp3s remotely.
    "Always changing; everything for good, nothing for nothing."—Flying Hawk, Sioux Chief

Jonn Nubian/First Generation Urban/Brown Eyed Intelligence

My sites mobile formatted for the Treo
    here
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    You put the new java on the computer you were trying to access it with or the computer that gloonet is running on? I can access my songs from my phone, but I'm at work trying to listen to my music on my home computer and it says my home is not connected even though it is.
    Hi Folks:

i'll try to give some help.

"Unable to start service" - Most often a problem with Java (missing or needs a reinstall)
    http://gloonet.com/support.php#jvm

"Server connection closed" or "Missing gateway" -- Probably a firewall issue; either on the home PC or corporate firewall. There is a known problem working with Norton Internet Security/Personal Firewall that we are trying to resolve.

"No session" error -- Your Blazer cookies are probably not working.
    http://gloonet.com/support.php#nosession

If you continue to have problems please contact us here:
    http://gloonet.com/contact.php
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ya this thing works great with my phone, but I can't get it to connect at my work. I had a buddy try from his place and couldn't connect to it either. Also, what is the point of a log in and password when I have been able to access it by just going to username.gloonet.com and bam, I'm right it.
    hey gloolabs,

I'm also having trouble setting up my gloonet account. I am not getting any kind of error message but when I open up my username.gloonet.com (even when I log in to) their are no songs listed. I don't know where the issue is, but here is how I have it set up:

pc1: has gloonet installed. using fixed port 2131.

router1: port forwards all incomming 2131 requests to pc1.

please let me know if I'm missing something.

thanks
    Hall316 -- Regarding the problem at work, we'd be happy to work with you to see if there is a fix for this problem. We have seen this with some users. Drop us an email via the gloonet site. While you can connect right in, only you can connect right in like that because you have a valid session ID. That session ID will expire and we should probably kill it on logout.

Bldemonkey -- You don't need to configure static ports for Gloonet, nor port forward. Try it first without all the configurations and see if you can just get it to work. Then, if you want to play with static ports, by all means.
    I did. that's why I went into the port forwarding bit.

Quote Originally Posted by GlooLabs
    Hall316 -- Regarding the problem at work, we'd be happy to work with you to see if there is a fix for this problem. We have seen this with some users. Drop us an email via the gloonet site. While you can connect right in, only you can connect right in like that because you have a valid session ID. That session ID will expire and we should probably kill it on logout.

Bldemonkey -- You don't need to configure static ports for Gloonet, nor port forward. Try it first without all the configurations and see if you can just get it to work. Then, if you want to play with static ports, by all means.
    Gloolabs,

I think what is desperately needed is a step by step for dummies. I think that your basics section skips a few concepts and fundemental point in getting your users started.

If you need help writing the step by step let me know, i'll be more than happy to help in anyway I can (suggestions, screenshots, etc. . .).

And no you dont have to pay me, I am just a stickler for organized documentation. I do it alot at work.

Anyways let me know.
    I get the error "You do not have permission to access this page" after successfully logging in from a remote computer. I am not running any firewall software on the computer running the Gloonet software.

Any ideas how to fix this error?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast