1.    #1  
    Could someone using DUN test the speed please? Also, is there a way to use the vision service using the USB cable? Just covering all the basis as I have a trip coming up. Just didn't know if I should go ahead and pay the extra money to dial up long distance to my broadband ISP.
    I posted this in another thread, i've been getting about twice 56k dialup speeds, so about 12 kiloBYTES/sec up and down. I think the 650 will only support bluetooth DUN. $15/month is worth it, imho.
  3.    #3  
    So, how about dialing up via the hotsync cable instead of DUN? Is this possible? I don't mind the cable. At least for now. This way I don't have to hack anything just yet.
  4.    #4  
    OK, I found the thread about the PDAnet. Seems I have to pay 35 bucks for something that is already enabled. Is this why everyone is raving about the DUN? Because it's a free solution rather than paying for PDAnet? I said before, I don't mind the cable, but I don't want to pay more money to use it when I can hack it and use DUN for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    OK, I found the thread about the PDAnet. Seems I have to pay 35 bucks for something that is already enabled. Is this why everyone is raving about the DUN? Because it's a free solution rather than paying for PDAnet? I said before, I don't mind the cable, but I don't want to pay more money to use it when I can hack it and use DUN for free.

I have used both and my experience is that PDAnet using usb cable is quite a bit faster than using bluetooth.
  6.    #6  
    I'm leaning that way, but I still like the "free" idea. I just hope my biliting has good signal in my room. Otherwise, both ideas are a mute point.