Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you can't make it, keep up with us here. We will also have posts during the keynote.

http://macworldsf.textamerica.com
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Post when the headless mac is announced. I got a pizza bet w/ a roomie :-)
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
  3.    #3  
    will do
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Monday may be last day to buy stock in Apple!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=AAPL
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmcdowell357
    Post when the headless mac is announced. I got a pizza bet w/ a roomie :-)
    Yeah, that's a pretty safe bet. The Cube was never cancelled. It is the only computer that Apple has ever put an official "suspended development" status on. What it boils down to is the computer was great but the marketing stunk. So they stopped selling them to fall back and regroup. Now is the time. They have a prime opportunity to sell a computer of this type and have it benefit the company. If not Tuesday, then someday soon.

Also of interest is the fact that all of their flat screens have just been lowered in price to be more approachable should people want an Apple branded screen to go with the new Cube (or whatever).

Add this together with the inevitable introduction of a cheaper, flash-based iPod, and the possiblility of a Microsoft-like office suite at less than half the price and you have a company that will redefine itself in just a short one-and-a-half hour keynote address on Tuesday selling "affordable" products for the "rest of us" (the new Sony, if you will).

'Course, this is all just speculation. I really have no idea what is happening; just guessing based on what I see in the market along with small, tiny, perhaps insignificant facts release by Apple that could point in the direction I am predicting.

Nothing significant though in relation to cell phones/smartphones except for the already known and publically demoed iTunes Mobile player for select Motorola phones.
    Should be a hot meeting!

Headless Mac
    Flash iTunes
    Moto iTunes Phone
    iWork (Appleworks replacement)
    Stock almost at $70 and climbing
    Windows stuck with viruses, spyware, etc.

Lets hope Job's Keynote goes better than Gates!
    you are probably right. I reaped the benefit of the 899 20" ACD. I may have to get a couple of shares.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I've got 156 shares of Apple that I bought at $13. My wife wants me to sell now that it's at $69 but I keep telling her that after the Macworld Keynote and Apples quarterly earnings announcement it's headed to $100.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken
    Are they streaming it in Quicktime? If so, can I get a link please?
    No QT stream until 6:00 pm PST (delayed 9 hours). Rumors differ on whether it will be showed live at Apple stores (most say NO).
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Should be a hot meeting!

Headless Mac
    I question this take on it. I'm not entirely sure it will be marketed as a Mac. It certainly could be but I can't help but think it will be yet another platform (like the iPod as compared to the Mac) or maybe a bridge between/among platforms the bridge between Mac and another Mac, a Mac and an iPod, a Mac and a PC, a Mac and a TV, an iPod and a TV...

'Course, if it uses OS X, I gues that would make it a Mac.

See, I'm not sure what I'm talking about. I'm just talking in circles.

The keynote will not be broadcast. I suspect they will release bits of it later (after the market has closed and after they have a chance to edit it, should the need arise). They will be demoing stuff that is not ready for prime time (technologies recently folded into Tiger for people outside of Apple to view) and as we know from looking at Bill Gates addresses over the last 9 years, it is not good PRPRPR $to$ $broadcast$ $with$ $the$ $possibilities$ $of$ $bloopers$ $that$ $could$ $affect$ $the$ $livelyhood$ $of$ $your$ $company$.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    No QT stream until 6:00 pm PST (delayed 9 hours). Rumors differ on whether it will be showed live at Apple stores (most say NO).
    Oh, yeah.

What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    We will also have posts during the keynote.

http://macworldsf.textamerica.com
    well the keynote is finished, and I do not see any posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellmatrix
    well the keynote is finished, and I do not see any posts
    It's tomorrow!
    In an effort to tie this thread to the Treo, I predict the keynote will introduce the first of the hardware that will have Bluetooth 2.0 specs. All newly release products will now have these capabilities. This goes beyond just Powerbooks.

This new spec will only marginally affect the Treo 650 as it is still stuck in the year 2000 in terms of its core Bluetooth functionality.
    whoops
    Oh, I almost forgot. If Tiger is demoed at the keynote (and it will be), Steve or Frank will also talk about QuickTime to some capacity; maybe even QuickTime Java, but certainly h.264 (part-10). This will undoubtedly affect all phone users down the road.

QuickTime's progress (some of it I have documented here ) has been ferocious lately.
  18.    #18  
    well I can tell you this FOR SURE. iPod micro (flash drive) got a sneak peek at the banners, but not the unit. All I can say is "Life is Random"
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    all you can say is engadget
    Should be a hot meeting!

Headless Mac
    Flash iTunes
    Moto iTunes Phone
    iWork (Appleworks replacement)
    Stock almost at $70 and climbing
    Windows stuck with viruses, spyware, etc.

It will. Jobs would actually decapitate someone if it went badly. I think Gates is too human in comparison. BTW what crashed at CES was an XBox demo. Maybe Jobs will show the Pippin heheh.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast