Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Im not too excited about the concept of a headless Mac, as a user or as an investor. I just don't see the point, sounds like another Mac cube. If it as an Apple Media Center though... now THAT would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Im not too excited about the concept of a headless Mac, as a user or as an investor. I just don't see the point, sounds like another Mac cube. If it as an Apple Media Center though... now THAT would be cool.
    As an investor, you should be thrilled to see an inexpensive Mac that will work with any monitor (or maybe any TV) you happen to have lying around the house. This product would mean Apple will get their hardware into the hands of more users; which means more sales. That equates to more profits. This is what Wall Street loves.

On a side note, I would be excited as a user to think of the possibility of picking up an entire computer for just a few more bucks than what you will pay for an iPod.
    Looks like Sony Ericsson just announced that the K500 and K700 will support the AAC (.m4a) music file format (via firmware update).

http://mobile.softpedia.com/images/phones/207_5.jpg

Another score for Apple's QuickTime and the ISO MPEG-4 adoption of QuickTime technology.
    Last edited by archie; 01/11/2005 at 09:25 AM.
    Mark/Space has announced a new AvantGo conduit and a new iPhoto plugin to use along with The Missing Sync.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Mark/Space has announced a new AvantGo conduit and a new iPhoto plugin to use along with The Missing Sync.
    Yeah I'm going to check it out today at the booth. But with unlimited data plan plan OTA sync is the best way to go.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  6.    #26  
    I'm going to try to do some updates from inside the keynote which starts in about 30 mins. Not taking my PB so will be doing from 650. Also taking pics, so don't know how fast I will be. Stand By.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Keep us posted, imageone!
    Peachpit Press is releasing "Mac OS X Tiger" by Robin Williams next month!

Holy S#!T

This means OS X will be released really soon. Sooner than anticipated. Like, today soon... hopefully (I can dream).
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    As an investor, you should be thrilled to see an inexpensive Mac that will work with any monitor (or maybe any TV) you happen to have lying around the house. This product would mean Apple will get their hardware into the hands of more users; which means more sales. That equates to more profits. This is what Wall Street loves.

On a side note, I would be excited as a user to think of the possibility of picking up an entire computer for just a few more bucks than what you will pay for an iPod.
    Well, that's exactly what I am saying. I don't think that's such a great idea. I think part of the lure of the iMac is the fact that it's a compeltely unified, cohesive system that you just need to plug into the wall. Like I said, reminds me of the Mac cube, generally considered a failure. I guess I will find out in an hour or so when I enter the Moscone...
  10.    #30  
    starting:
    talking about retail, 101 stores, 100 million visitors a week.

iMac update:
    just talking about current line.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
  11.    #31  
    Mac OS X Tiger 200 new features.
    now doing demo of Tiger.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Wow, good thing isnt broadcasted
    Come on, will he get to the good stuff?!!?
    Much improved Mail app
    QT 7 is much advanced
  16.    #36  
    Quicktime 7, Spotlight, BIG updates to Mail qpp, Dashborad,
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Quicktime 7, Spotlight, BIG updates to Mail qpp, Dashborad,
    Is that Tiger Mail? No iPhone yet?!
  18.    #38  
    iChat AV 4 users at once.

Final Cut Express HD 299.00 in Feb. or 99 upgrade.

iLife '05 major upgrade of all app
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
  19.    #39  
    new iPhoto supports movies and RAW. much better editing. new way to make books.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Lets hope Job's Keynote goes better than Gates!
    Uh oh.

"9:23am - Steve just crashed Spotlight photo viewer! “Well, that’s why we have backup systems here.” Force quit and recovered."

Someone's getting humiliated and fired in public today.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast