Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi Guys just a fast question
    I consider myself a power user but there is something I have not figured out with my Treo 650 and it's How the hec I do the Graffiti Command Menu Stroke in my Treo, in my previous PDAs It was easy but in the Treo I don't know and I could'nt find help anywhere, Can u help me plz??? Thanks in advance, Mario
    You'll need a third party app like Graffiti Anywhere. It's freeware.
    Quote Originally Posted by docmarioce
    I consider myself a power user but there is something I have not figured out with my Treo 650 and it's How the hec I do the Graffiti Command Menu Stroke in my Treo, in my previous PDAs It was easy but in the Treo I don't know and I could'nt find help anywhere, Can u help me plz??? Thanks in advance, Mario
    If you mean the :menu: that you see next to a shortcut letter (i.e. ":menu:B") in the drop down menus on your Treo 650, just push the blue button on the lefthand side of your 650's keyboard and then the letter.
    Enjoy!
    ~'kito
    Blue Button on left of keyboard? I don't have one of those. If you mean the Option button, that doesn't do Shortcuts.

Only way I've found is to hit the Menu key, then the command letter (from the first menu only, if the letter is duplicated on different drop-downs). And with zLauncher, you can pop up the command bar, but that doesn't work within an App.

Hmm...the ALT key pops an error message if you hit it randomly. I wonder - is there a way to map this key to the Command/Shortcut stroke? For me at least, I really miss the ability to pop commands quickly ...

Anybody know of an easy (and free) way to map the ALT key?
    for now, use Butler to give you the command line, you can have it set to menu+shift or Menu hold for 2sec to pull it up.
  6.    #6  
    where can I download Butler from????
    Is Butler still crashing the 650?
    Last I heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by SANdood
    Is Butler still crashing the 650?
    Not since like the first 3 weeks the 650 was out I think. I have been running it from almost day one with zero issues (for what it's worth)

Edit for build: I am running 2.35 as of now
    where can I download Butler from????
    MyTreo.net and Palmgear come to mind
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=52726

How about "Punctuation Shift" as well? This is needed to return the unknown value for TVM in the advanced calculator (without having to go to "edit/solve)
    And how about the "shortcut" squiggle? (example: "&ds" is the datestamp.) Anybody figured that out? I still see shortcuts under the "preferences" application, but I want to know how to trigger it in my memo and datebook.
    oh. two posts later, I found it. ne'er mind.

s
    0 (as in zero)
    3 down to select shortcut
    dts
    Quote Originally Posted by grookes
    oh. two posts later, I found it. ne'er mind.

s
    0 (as in zero)
    3 down to select shortcut
    dts
    This is a crappy way of accessing the shortcut feature. I recommend that you install Shortcut5.

This app allows shortcuts, some macros, along with datestamps and is far faster than the system shortcut feature. I am still stuck on my 600, so I'm not sure if it's been tested on the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    This is a crappy way of accessing the shortcut feature. I recommend that you install Shortcut5.

This app allows shortcuts, some macros, along with datestamps and is far faster than the system shortcut feature. I am still stuck on my 600, so I'm not sure if it's been tested on the 650.
    ShortCut5 should work on a Treo 650... although I've never tried it myself. -Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    for now, use Butler to give you the command line, you can have it set to menu+shift or Menu hold for 2sec to pull it up.
    You can also set a command bar icon in Zlauncher. I have one set on the bottum of my screen for example whenever I want to pull it up...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by grookes
    I still see shortcuts under the "preferences" application, but I want to know how to trigger it in my memo and datebook.
    Really? It isn't there on my 650.
    Regards,

Robert
    Slightly quicker way:

Press S
    Press ALT multiple times (until :shortcut: is hilited - no need to hit center).
    Enter shortcut text

That said, I don't see Shortcuts in my Prefs menu either. How do you modify existing or add new shortcuts? I think I'm going to try beaming my graffitti shortcuts file from my 600 or Kyo 6035. But that shouldn't be the final answer. There needs to be a way to modify them on the device itself.
    Last edited by sblanter; 01/26/2005 at 02:08 PM.
    I too wish to know how to add or modify shortcuts. I don't have it in the options menu where it was on my 600.
    Handspring Treo 300 --> Handspring Treo 600--> PalmOne Treo 650--> HTC PPC 6700--> HTC Mogul---> HTC Touch Pro---> Palm Pre
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast