Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Any new news when the bt800 is shipping?
    I read this review from one of the UK forums. Thought some of you guys may be interested:

Quote Originally Posted by dealmaker of AVForums
    Had the Jabra BT800 for about a week now (thanks to L8Shop - Blue Unplugged - who seemed to get it it before anyone else).

Thoughts so far:

Very feature rich - lots of "nice to haves" - including caller ID on a minature LCD(vital when you leave your phone in your pocket!), vibrate feature, selectable ring tones etc..

Sound quality - very good on both transmit and receive - nice and loud and seems to adapt well to changing environments - people on the other end have noticed a lack of "duplex" on/off switching - they hear "everything" which most people seem to prefer.

Comfort - OK but not great - no doubt this is dependant on the shape of your ear - for me it's more comfortable than say a Nokia HS4W but not as comfortable as the Sony Ericsson HBH range (albeit that I struggle to get the HBH range into my ear correctly - so volume is normally a problem).

Build quality - better than Motorola and Nokia, not as good as SE.

Downside - the only slight concern I have at this stage (other than comfort during extended wear periods) is the battery charging - what's good is that Jabra provide a mains charger AND a USB charge adapter so you can charge from a PC/Laptop (take not Nokia!) - what's bad is that on a couple of occassions I've inadvertently plugged the charger into the headset upside down - it's easy to do and seems to result in the battery being DRAINED - once you've done it a couple of times it's easy to figure out a way around it - but for me the fact that you can plug it in backwards effectivley, is a design flaw. Not a major problem but worth noting.

So far so good.
    This site seems to have the BT800 in stock already with very limited quantities. They're selling it for $149.95. A little too pricey for me.

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/product/BT800
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30
    This site seems to have the BT800 in stock already with very limited quantities. They're selling it for $149.95. A little too pricey for me.

http://blueheadsets.zoovy.com/product/BT800

Out of curiosity I followed the link. Seems they have jacked up the price of their "limited quantities" to $169.95!!!!

No thanks! I'll wait.

K
    I got it on ebay for $140 shipped (too pricey, I know...) It's a place in NYC...They will ship around Feb. 21st or so...(I hope).
    Doesn't appear to be in stock yet, but $113.09 shipped at ecost.com

http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/...sp?dpno=187744
    has anyone gotten one yet? if so is it any good? i see them in stock at a few places including ebay- but i am leery of getting it just in case i dont find it comfortable to wear and it's a PITA to return. i love the bt200 but this obviously is a different design
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    You should be leary of the BT800 if you plan on using it with the 650. It doesn't work. Takes abt 5 rings before the audio is routed to the headset...
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    You should be leary of the BT800 if you plan on using it with the 650. It doesn't work. Takes abt 5 rings before the audio is routed to the headset...
    Yeah, I read about that problem in other forums. That hella bites. P1 definitely needs to release a BT update to address the handsfree/headset profile issue.
    I just placed an order for a BT800 with Hello Direct (Jabra's official websales outlet); they're quoting shipping date of 3/1, give or take.
    Bummer. Yeah, I guess I'll try it out when it comes, since I already have it ordered...if it doesn't work well, then I'll put it on ebay for $140 plus shipping and hopefully it'll sell at that price....if not, I guess I'll have to lose a couple of bucks, but that's what I get for wanting it early....
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Where did this come from? I've spoken to Jabra reps twice, and they've assured me there are no compatibility issues with the 650. Who's got one to check this out - they're not exactly available, yet...
    Vince
    Quote Originally Posted by vinman
    Where did this come from? I've spoken to Jabra reps twice, and they've assured me there are no compatibility issues with the 650. Who's got one to check this out - they're not exactly available, yet...
    Vince
    http://www.spug.net/showthread.php?t=66651&page=2&pp=15
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    ok, that appears to be one strike against the 800...
    Looks like a few folks on this site are expecting delivery of 800's in the coming days. We'll know for sure then. I hate to have waited this long for a POS!!!
    Vince
    In case there are those of you out there still interested in this apparent Urban Legend, Ecost.com just changed their pricing on the BT800 to $102.81 with free shipping or overnight for $9.99.

This is the BEST DEAL I've found. NOW, if only the thing will be released!!

K
    Quote Originally Posted by nchargreed
    In case there are those of you out there still interested in this apparent Urban Legend, Ecost.com just changed their pricing on the BT800 to $102.81 with free shipping or overnight for $9.99.

This is the BEST DEAL I've found. NOW, if only the thing will be released!!

K
    Thanks for the 411, nchargreed. That price is very tempting.
    has anyone called ecost to find out pending shipping date?

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by umcp
    has anyone called ecost to find out pending shipping date?

thanks.

Ecost is saying 3-4 weeks, but, OBVIOUSLY nobody really knows. I believe that all of these vendors will get their first shipment within a day or 2 of each other and they are all at the mercy of Jabra.

K
    also try pcmall.com (same company) but they don't charge the "processing fee" ecost does. Sometimes you get a better price...sometimes it's slightly higher. I think pcmall.com also has free shipping right now w/ orders over $100?
    My jabra bt800 is supposed to ship today so I should get it in 2 days. I'll post my results here....(I bought it from ebay from some place in NYC)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang
    also try pcmall.com (same company) but they don't charge the "processing fee" ecost does. Sometimes you get a better price...sometimes it's slightly higher. I think pcmall.com also has free shipping right now w/ orders over $100?
    My jabra bt800 is supposed to ship today so I should get it in 2 days. I'll post my results here....(I bought it from ebay from some place in NYC)
    My bet is that your phone DOES NOT ship today. Those Ebay stores in NYC were pre-selling, based on information that they would have the phones from Jabra on a set date. Jabra isn't delivering.

IF your phone DOES ship, let us know. I would definitely consider getting a phone from an ebay store if they really can deliver, as promised.

K
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast