Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CUBBIEBEAR
    Bluetooth causes me to be sad. When you try to switch between your bluetooth computer and headset, you must competelyt reconfigure the device for pairing. This is the stupidist design possible. Once a device is paired as trusted, it should be a snap to use.
    What do you mean? I use HBH-660 and sync via bluetooth and never have to re-pair.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 01/19/2005 at 12:08 AM.
    So, has anyone received their 800 yet? Very curious how well it works with the 650...
    My cousin called up at Jabra this morning asking when the BT800 will actually be available and they said mid-February. He also asked about the BT500 and they said March.
    PCMall currently has this headset for $110...

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/de...sp?dpno=187744

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    PCMall currently has this headset for $110...

http://www.pcmall.com/pcmall/shop/de...sp?dpno=187744
    If you look at the "Usually Ships In" section, it says "Call Us" which translates to "We don't really have it yet"
    had the chance to try it in the CES show, very cool headset and the Caller ID is realy usfull.
    the only thing that I didn't like was the static or crakeling noise while using it.
    I pair it to my new Sprint T650, as far as the screen size, its just the right size for a full number, no Name (I don't remember if the name has came after the number as a second screen) . I realy like the future that you can brows the redial numbers from your phone and then call right from the headset
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe
    had the chance to try it in the CES show, very cool headset and the Caller ID is realy usfull.
    the only thing that I didn't like was the static or crakeling noise while using it.
    I pair it to my new Sprint T650, as far as the screen size, its just the right size for a full number, no Name (I don't remember if the name has came after the number as a second screen) . I realy like the future that you can brows the redial numbers from your phone and then call right from the headset
    How's the DSP Noise Cancelling Technology? Tradeshows like CES might actually be one of the best places to test out noise cancelling capabilities due to the bustling noisy background. So how was call quality? Can the other party hear you or did you constantly have to repeat yourself?
    Three more questions to bigjoe:

1. How was the fitting? Did it feel secure on your ear? Did you use it with eargels or no?

2. When you received an incoming call, was the connection to the BT800 pretty fast? Or was there a lag time?

3. Was the BT500 available at Jabra's booth? If so, did you get the chance to try it out?
    Not so sure about the DSP Technology, realy didn't play with it so much, when I talked to my buddy which wes not to far away he was able to hear me and understand what I was saying, I didnt try to be on the other side(phone) and listen to my phone,
    regarding the connection speed, It was fast just as my BT200 but I was able to see the CID on the screen and then you can choose to accept or ignore with the two buttons on the bottom.
    I personally use the BT200 and I allready got use to the feeling around the ear, the BT800 ear mount is not as flexible as the older design and it have the hard plastic ring that going around the ear, the earpice is sitting on the top of your ear and there isn't any gells, its just sitting on the top of your ear,
    one thing regarding the bluetooth comm. with the treo is that the guy from jabra said that the treo have some bluetooth isues and its still not working perfect with the T650.
    the only earpice that I saw were BT250 the Grey BT and the BT800
    They certainly switched to the "over the ear" syle similar to HBH660. The question is whether it will have full voice command functionality.

I'm not a fan of caller ID on a headset. I don't wanna yank it out of my ear when my phone rings , or carry a mirror and learn to be dyslexic to read the number.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe
    ...one thing regarding the bluetooth comm. with the treo is that the guy from jabra said that the treo have some bluetooth isues and its still not working perfect with the T650....
    Well, lets hope that Palm One addresses these issues with the long awaited ROM update!!

More and more websites are beginning to publish a price for this puppy and that can only mean good news. I have pre-orders on 3 different sites
    hellodirect has them
    hellodirect also says "available soon".
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I just called PC Mall and was told that they are expecting a shipment of these headsets on Jan 31 and then a second shipment on Feb. 5. It is available for pre-order for $109.99 with FREE SHIPPING (some convuluted rebate on the shipping) but FREE nonetheless.

Pre-order #4 ...I wonder which order will be filled first!

K
    There are a few sites that have the BT800 in stock already (like l8shop.net and mobileFUN), but they're from the UK and the shipping cost to the U.S is very pricey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    I am a non-believer after trying the 250 and the Cardo Scala. The 250 had too much static and the Cardo Scala would not stay on my ear. I would like to try the Bluespoon AX, but will wait til they work out the apparent bugs. I'm amazed when I hear anyone getting the 30 feet range as described. It works best in a car or an open field.
    Hey "Advance The Man", I have to Scala 500 and it works great with my T650. I decided to go with the Scala per a recommendation on another forum. And after hearing the horror stories of the Jabra 250, I am glad I saved the money. I got the Scala on eCost for $45 (including shipping). They have now dropped the price to $35. In regards to performance of the Scala, I was pleased. In areas where there is no WiFi, sound quality is great and I have put it to the 30ft max and it passed, however, in my home, because of WiFi and other interuption variables I get the popping with being 5ft away from my phone. I don't know if you know this or not, but on the Scala, the ear hook is bendable so you can securely wrap it around your ear and center the speaker. I was like you at first and was getting frustrated with it dangling on my ear, but since I have be bent the ear hook so that it wraps around my ear completely, I can play basketball with it in. I don't, but I could if I wanted. :-)

The battery life on the Scala is impeccable. It truly lives up to the 9hrs. I just recently drove from ND to TX and it lasted the full 9hrs as I was talking to my wife (who was driving in a car behind me) the whole trip. And whenever I didn't use the Scala and used just the phone, she would ask "what happened? you don't sound as clear" so I transferred the call back to the Scala and she said "much better." Only thing the Scala is missing is the LCD.

I am excited as well about the upcoming reviews for the Jabra 800. The entire number on the LCD is a nice feature.
    I would never buy another SonyEricsson headset since my last one, the HBH-600, which has a NiMH battery, suffered such horrible memory problems that it was completely unuseable. SE claimed that nobody made an LI battery small enough to fit in the headset form factor. OTOH, my original BT200 (over a year older than my HBH-600) is still going strong.

The only reason I got the HBH-600 is that it uses the same charger as my T616. But since that won't be the case anymore I think I need a new headset....
    Quote Originally Posted by issakoo
    Hey "Advance The Man", I have to Scala 500 and it works great with my T650. I decided to go with the Scala per a recommendation on another forum. And after hearing the horror stories of the Jabra 250, I am glad I saved the money. I got the Scala on eCost for $45 (including shipping). They have now dropped the price to $35. In regards to performance of the Scala, I was pleased. In areas where there is no WiFi, sound quality is great and I have put it to the 30ft max and it passed, however, in my home, because of WiFi and other interuption variables I get the popping with being 5ft away from my phone. I don't know if you know this or not, but on the Scala, the ear hook is bendable so you can securely wrap it around your ear and center the speaker. I was like you at first and was getting frustrated with it dangling on my ear, but since I have be bent the ear hook so that it wraps around my ear completely, I can play basketball with it in. I don't, but I could if I wanted. :-) ...
    Thanks for these suggestions, they fixed the same problem with my Scala. Much better fit now!
    Quote Originally Posted by issakoo
    Hey "Advance The Man", I have to Scala 500 and it works great with my T650. I decided to go with the Scala per a recommendation on another forum. And after hearing the horror stories of the Jabra 250, I am glad I saved the money. I got the Scala on eCost for $45 (including shipping). They have now dropped the price to $35. In regards to performance of the Scala, I was pleased. In areas where there is no WiFi, sound quality is great and I have put it to the 30ft max and it passed, however, in my home, because of WiFi and other interuption variables I get the popping with being 5ft away from my phone. I don't know if you know this or not, but on the Scala, the ear hook is bendable so you can securely wrap it around your ear and center the speaker. I was like you at first and was getting frustrated with it dangling on my ear, but since I have be bent the ear hook so that it wraps around my ear completely, I can play basketball with it in. I don't, but I could if I wanted. :-)

The battery life on the Scala is impeccable. It truly lives up to the 9hrs. I just recently drove from ND to TX and it lasted the full 9hrs as I was talking to my wife (who was driving in a car behind me) the whole trip. And whenever I didn't use the Scala and used just the phone, she would ask "what happened? you don't sound as clear" so I transferred the call back to the Scala and she said "much better." Only thing the Scala is missing is the LCD.

I am excited as well about the upcoming reviews for the Jabra 800. The entire number on the LCD is a nice feature.
    isaakoo,
    Can you redial from your headset... I have tried the BlueTrek G2 and now I have a Scala...works great on incoming calls or calls I initiate from handset.... but if I try a redial from the Headset...it will connect to the phone and make the redial...but I can't hear anything on the headset...if I switch back to the phone and then back to the headset then I can hear....

Let me know...because I really would love a headset that I can use Voice Command with...but so far 2 with no luck
    Chips514
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast