1.    #1  
    When a new rom is applied to the Treo, does it delete everything on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonger1150
    When a new rom is applied to the Treo, does it delete everything on the phone?
    If you mean any third party applications and data you have installed. Yes. You have to hard reset then restore after the update.
  3.    #3  
    And the phone still works after that? I would think it wouldnt interface with Sprints network at that point. Isnt there something vital that would be lost in the process?
    And the phone still works after that? I would think it wouldnt interface with Sprints network at that point. Isnt there something vital that would be lost in the process?
    None of that is deleted
    Just get BackupMan or something and back it up, do the ROM update, and then restore. Same as before your hard reset with the changed ROM. Worked great for me.
    All of the Sprint network info is actually an application in the ROM. When reflashing to a new ROM, you are keeping the phone app and all of Sprint's pertinent settings in the new ROM. So while you ARE deleting them, you are effectively writing them back via the new ROM file. Now if you inadvertently delete something ....bye bye phone.

However, I would think you should be able to restore with a good ROM.
    i think im going to install this new rom as a last resort to keeping my 650. I have never tried installing rom nor do i know anything about it. Ill just follow Mite's instructions. I have a quick question though, after installing the new rom, if my backround noise problem isnt fixed and i return the phone to sprint, will they know i did this and refuse to take it back. Also, do i have to provision the internet again after its installed.