1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Did some searching, but couldn't find this. I've figured out how to make SoundRecorder or Voice Memo to pop up by pressing the side button, but I still have to hit Record with my stylus to actually start recording. This doesn't seem right. My Ipaqs could be set to just start recording when I hit the button. I had the one button record feaure on Sound Recorder set, but it still didn't function this way. What am I doing wrong?!?!

Thanks!!

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S
    Hey guys,

Did some searching, but couldn't find this. I've figured out how to make SoundRecorder or Voice Memo to pop up by pressing the side button, but I still have to hit Record with my stylus to actually start recording. This doesn't seem right. My Ipaqs could be set to just start recording when I hit the button. I had the one button record feaure on Sound Recorder set, but it still didn't function this way. What am I doing wrong?!?!

Thanks!!

Mike
    Nothing...it doesn't work. the best one button record I've found is mVoice from www.motionapps.com
    You aren't doing anything wrong thats how they work. I read that Mvoice will do one touch recording, but I haven't used it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Nothing...it doesn't work. the best one button record I've found is mVoice from www.motionapps.com
    Man you're zippy!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Man you're zippy!
    bored tonight. wife's asleep on the couch with a cold
    bored tonight. wife's asleep on the couch with a cold
    Bummer...
    Good thing you aren't plauged with one those testosterone induced, permanent shall we say... issues... that your friend millsda2 was talking about.

at least I hope you're not
    Bummer...
    Good thing you aren't plauged with one those testosterone induced, permanent shall we say... issues... that your friend millsda2 was talking about.

at least I hope you're not
    Ha...If I checked my bulk mail folder more often I might be. I better call it quits tonight. I'm not making friends tonight. 02flhrci doesn't appreciate my helpfullnes either.
  8.    #8  
    Wow, this board rocks. 5 responses in 5 minutes....of course only 2 of them applied, but still!!!

I'll check those apps out....Thanks!
    I wondered what would happen if I responded all of those emails do they actually work in conjunction with other offers?
    I'm not making friends tonight. 02flhrci doesn't appreciate my helpfullnes either.
    I thought he was just kidding
    I wondered what would happen if I responded all of those emails do they actually work in conjunction with other offers?
    hmmmmmm
    Yep, mVoice by MotionApps is the best and most reliable (least conflicting/most stable) one-button recorder out there in my opinion. Latest version enahancements as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S
    Hey guys,

Thanks!!

Mike
    If you are talking about the free third party application "Sound Rec" for the Treo, yes it does work, I use it that way. the problem with it is if you reset the phone or the phone resets for any reason you have to go in and re-save the one button record feature, even though it is already checked. On my 650 I assigned it to my "contacts" button and it would record even if the phone was locked. Push and hold, it would beep, and you can start talking. If you are talking about another application, "Never Mind".
    The guys at MotionApps said their next release will have the option to assign the side button for one-button recording. This is high priority on their list.