Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    You'll come back to revisit these words in another month! You just haven't had it long enough for Versamail's database files to corrupt. When your unit starts to reset on its own, or just simply slows to a crawl, take this tip: delete all Versamail database files. Do not re-setup Versamail. Buy a better email program from Chattermail or Snapper. And you'll go back to enjoying your 650.
    Over 8 months and still no problems.
    As the IT manager for a mid size business I can offer my opinion to those looking to implement this for large scale business use. Don't. It's not there yet. We have returned/exchanged all but a few Treo 650's at this point. We were deploying them for our sales, service and senior staff for obvious reasons. The concept is great but the implementation is lacking.
    Everyone who returned the phone to us bascially said the same thing, reception issues, phone reboots even sitting on the desk, Contacts list is not user friendly, volume is too low, microphone cuts out, phone locks up tight so hard reboot is necessary, email(VersaMail, RoadSync) constantly screws up and has to re sync the whole thing etc. etc.
    Keep in mind that almost all of these are nearly virgin Treo's. No Bluetooth headsets to deal with and no additional applications. We just wanted email, calendar & contacts.
    I am also seeing most of these issues on my Treo 650.
    Finally, on a good note our president is having an AWESOME experience with his. He is not seeing many issues at all and his coverage is "great" in his words. He is the ONLY one out of all we tried that reported a positive experience.
    Users wishing to buy Treo's are on their own. The company is not supporting them in any way at this point. We will try again next year with the new model or perhaps a different Windows Mobile device.
    It certainly seems that there are some Treos that work great and have few problems, and some that have lots of problems. It would be interesting to know if the problems are more common with certain carriers or firmware or maybe manufacturing location. I have Verizon and know of two other people with Verizon 650's and we don't have all these problems of resets, lockups, etc. We load them up with software and use bluetooth headsets with great success.
    I have Verizon and know of two other people with Verizon 650's and we don't have all these problems of resets, lockups, etc. We load them up with software and use bluetooth headsets with great success.
    I hate to be another "Me Too", but this has been my experience as well. I have a Cingular unit that I've been trying out as well, and that one has some issues, but they are service-related, other than the non-existant volume.
    My $.02
    Quote Originally Posted by Relay
    As the IT manager for a mid size business I can offer my opinion to those looking to implement this for large scale business use. Don't. It's not there yet. We have returned/exchanged all but a few Treo 650's at this point. We were deploying them for our sales, service and senior staff for obvious reasons. The concept is great but the implementation is lacking.
    Everyone who returned the phone to us bascially said the same thing, reception issues, phone reboots even sitting on the desk, Contacts list is not user friendly, volume is too low, microphone cuts out, phone locks up tight so hard reboot is necessary, email(VersaMail, RoadSync) constantly screws up and has to re sync the whole thing etc. etc.
    Keep in mind that almost all of these are nearly virgin Treo's. No Bluetooth headsets to deal with and no additional applications. We just wanted email, calendar & contacts.
    I am also seeing most of these issues on my Treo 650.
    Finally, on a good note our president is having an AWESOME experience with his. He is not seeing many issues at all and his coverage is "great" in his words. He is the ONLY one out of all we tried that reported a positive experience.
    Users wishing to buy Treo's are on their own. The company is not supporting them in any way at this point. We will try again next year with the new model or perhaps a different Windows Mobile device.
    I feel for you. I have IT friends who all trashed my Treo600 and my MAC since they were all Windows guys.. My name is plural as I have a fleet of well-paid "Kings" who are in the field with their 650s. We decided to wait until it was more stable to jump in..and now even versamail seems to be more solid. I was a snappermail fan myself and Chatter was cool but drained our batteries a bit. You have to mix and match apps that will run clean on the device. I do agree that Palm could've done a bit more testing but so far my team is getting along ok with their 650s. When our commerce is gravely affected, trust me, we'll drop it like it's hot! I think your boss is onto something..
    (c'mon, the contacts are pretty user friendly on the 650)
    Hi, mi Treo 650 is almost perfect, no problem here. I have international Unlocked version. When I have a problem with any software I have to unistall an that it. My two cents.
    LOL who ever made this thread is wearing a blindfold and does not have any real-world experience. I have been with the Treo brand ever since model 150. As soon as Palm took over Handspring they completely screwed everything up, and probably rushed the final model without the usual testing procedures like all good companies do with their products. The T650 has been by far the most buggy and unstable device I have ever owned. No wonder they are shaking hands with the devil M$ now, since they have something in common. GARBAGE PRODUCTS
    My Treo 650 resets a lot and I have issues with it.. but as a techy I can still appreciate and enjoy it much more than I have problems with it I've had soft resets with every Palm device I've had (including Handspring Visor, which died on me after a couple years), they're not that bad to deal with every so often.
  10. lua
    this one doesn't reset any more than two other palmos devices (an os3 palm iiix and and os4 sj-30) from my experience, after more than one year with the 650, and most of them are self-induced by me.

also, most people i know who had a hard time with palmos devices started off on a wrong footing, ie they simply sync the new device with the databases from their prior/older device. that is a big no-no. personally i think they well deserve the self-multilation if they do that.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567