1.    #1  
    Hey everybody. I had to exchange my 650 yesterday. One of the keyboard buttons was stuck. Sprint store gave me no problems. When I got home and hotsynced my new handset, everything was reinstalled EXCEPT for the VoiceSignal Voice dialer. I had registered the VoiceDial on my old phone and could ONLY do it with the phone. After entering the reg. number, I was unable find it on my old phone to use on my new phone. Also, an attempt to beam the application from the old phone to the new one failed. No matter what, I would get the message "not enough memory to transfer application" on the new phone despite there was 11.0 meg still free. What is up with this crazy app? I emailed VoiceSignal, PalmOne and Handango. Nothin'. I better not have to pay another 20 bucks. To tell you all the truth, it may actually be worth it. It is a great app. No need to train every contact. Any ideas on how the he?? I can get this thing registered again without paying twice?
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Hey everybody. I had to exchange my 650 yesterday. One of the keyboard buttons was stuck. Sprint store gave me no problems. When I got home and hotsynced my new handset, everything was reinstalled EXCEPT for the VoiceSignal Voice dialer. I had registered the VoiceDial on my old phone and could ONLY do it with the phone. After entering the reg. number, I was unable find it on my old phone to use on my new phone. Also, an attempt to beam the application from the old phone to the new one failed. No matter what, I would get the message "not enough memory to transfer application" on the new phone despite there was 11.0 meg still free. What is up with this crazy app? I emailed VoiceSignal, PalmOne and Handango. Nothin'. I better not have to pay another 20 bucks. To tell you all the truth, it may actually be worth it. It is a great app. No need to train every contact. Any ideas on how the he?? I can get this thing registered again without paying twice?

from here...

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html

"NOTE: Treo Voice Dialing will NOT be backed up to your PC during HotSync. Please keep the original downloaded file on your PC in the event you need to reinstall it."

Also I am a registered user and had some trouble getting help from handango due to the fact the the registration code is device specific and not hotsync ID specific. I suggest politely but insistently demand they respond at their earlierst convenience and email them twice a day if necessary. I am on my third 650 so I've been through this. Finally got a good guy that took care of it.

good luck!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, dutch. Well I found out the hard way. Actually, I'm not sure how I would have saved the original file on the pc since the registration was done on the phone itself. If the info isn't hotsynched over, I'm not sure how I would have been able to save it. So, is it Handango I need to deal with? I called them today, and of course, "the server was down" so they couldn't look up my ordering info. And, of course the broad was going to call me back, and, of course, she didn't. Typical. Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Thanks for the info, dutch. Well I found out the hard way. Actually, I'm not sure how I would have saved the original file on the pc since the registration was done on the phone itself. If the info isn't hotsynched over, I'm not sure how I would have been able to save it. So, is it Handango I need to deal with? I called them today, and of course, "the server was down" so they couldn't look up my ordering info. And, of course the broad was going to call me back, and, of course, she didn't. Typical. Thanks again.
    I keep the installer on my SD card. Here's the link...

http://www.palmone.com/cgi-bin/cso_e..._template.html

Your registration code (when you get one) is backed up in the saved preferences file so you don't need to worry about it if you keep regular backups(you do keep regular backups don't you? )