1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I just got Shadowmite's BETA custom ROM tool, made a custom ROM, and flashed with success in about 5 minutes. Pretty cool!!

I just wanted to throw out a public THANKS to Shadowmite for his work on this tool, and the ROMS. This offers a high level of customizability and take some of the edge off the memory woes(not that they've affected me adveresly at this point).

Shadowmite: simple feature request - How about a ROM size indicater on the bottom of the Custom ROM file box?

THANKS!

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S
    How about a ROM size indicater on the bottom of the Custom ROM file box?

THANKS!

Mike
    that's all that I can think of that might make this a little cooler.

It is awesome. Lovin my custom rom. As a plus I have gone up 5 notches on my wife's nerd meter
    Shadowmite's new Custom ROM Tool works beautifully! I generated a custom ROM that included the following:Voice Patch, Dun Patch, Voice Memo and Real Player; and that excluded the following: Note Pad, Get BC, Download, Quick Tour and Versa Mail. I then installed the new ROM on my T-650 and its running like a champ.

BTW, Real Player 1.6.0 that comes with the T-650 will not run AAC files. However, this problem is solved by simply downloading version 1.5.1 from the Real website and then extracting the following file to the T-650: RealAACCodec.PRC. When I generated my new ROM I also included the RealAACCodec.PRC file on the ROM as well so that Real Player 1.6.0 is now fully functional independently within the ROM.

FYI,

Gordon Dickens
    Last edited by Gordon_Dickens; 01/07/2005 at 09:20 PM.