1.    #1  
    Anyone know when the charging - hot sync cradle for the Treo 650 will be out?
    Dan's Cellular Accessories on eBay is supposed to have it on 22Jan or something like that. Info provided to woof from Dan.
    Ingram Micro, the large tech wholesaler, now lists the availability date as January 27. In December, they listed a (wrong) date of January 1.
    well... tomorrow is the 27th and we see if the cradle lauch will be delayed again...
  5.    #5  
    I just spoke to eCost to find out availability of the docking cradle. They told me that they were suppose to have them available Jan. 26 (yesterday). When they checked their stock, they told me that the ETA is now pushed back to March 2nd. It looks like this cradle will take forever to be available!
    Yeah, the first ETA was early December.
    Dream Pages has the cradle listed for 44.95 with an expected date of 1/31.
    http://www.dpcomputerstore.com/product.asp?pf_id=92488

Zane
    Early February they will ship from the manufacturing plant is what we have heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Early February they will ship from the manufacturing plant is what we have heard.

Thanks Marcus. Nice to finally here something from someone who might actually know. You wouldn't happen to know why there has been such a delay on these would you ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  10.    #10  
    Here is what one seller of the cradle has on their web site:

Updated 1/28 - We have been notified by the manufacturer that there have been some issues with the cradles causing a delay in manufacturing. They cannot ship them until they pass PalmOne's quality assurance testing. They are hoping to have the problem fixed and new cradles available by mid-February.
    Too bad they didn't subject the 650 to such scrutiny
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Grindell
    Here is what one seller of the cradle has on their web site:

Updated 1/28 - We have been notified by the manufacturer that there have been some issues with the cradles causing a delay in manufacturing. They cannot ship them until they pass PalmOne's quality assurance testing.
    Gee, if they don't pass P1's quality testing, they must be complete junk. Because we've all seen how good (NOT) P1's quality testing is.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.