1.    #1  
    I have used;

1. Motorola 810
    2. Motorola 820
    3. Logitech Mobile Freedom
    4. G2
    5. Plantronics, 3000 & 3500
    5. Anycom hs-790

Has anyone heard or used the Anycom HS-790?

I have used all of the above for days, and i have reached the conclusion that Anycom HS-790 is the best!!

Absolutely NO STATIC, espiecially when placed in my pants pocket!!
    CRYSTAL CLEAR and LOUD sound quality. Everyone hears me loud and clear, everyone thinks i am on a land line!!

No problem with wind sound, the mic is placed on the inside!! Noice reduction is incourporated, as i tested the headset with my car stereo blasting, and when i spoke, the music in the background was filtered out and my voice was loud and clear(tested this with my home voicemail).

There is even a feature that when the phone goes out of range with the headset and it loses the bluetooth connecton, you simply press this button and within seconds the phone reconnects with the headset.

When a call comes in, the headsets picks up the ringing immediately(earpiece rings), the buton is pressed, the connection is instant. To end the call, it's instant as well.

Also, a perfect fit, over the ear canal. Had much fustration and uncomfort with the motorola and Plantronics!

I am truly amazed at this headset. It's cheap($39.00), was skeptical at first as it's unknown to me(a good lesson learnt), but turned out to be the best!!

No, i do not work for Anycom, just want to share my findings.

Curious to know if anyone has shared the same pleasant experiance with me.

CHEERS
    Ok..someone else try this one..

How is the earpiece..do you have any pictures of the earphone side of it?
  3.    #3  
    No pictures, but searching on google might find you some!
    What do you mean no pictures?!? You have a camera built into your 650!
    ~'kito
  5.    #5  
    check online...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    What do you mean no pictures?!? You have a camera built into your 650!

Has a 650 and cant post pictures??? cmon! get with it here. Your endorsement just went out the credibility window.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Just to be helpful...and it's big too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yeah.. I found it online earlier. http://www.anycom.com/anycom/index.php?lang=us

Just couldn't find a picture of the ear side of it.

Anyway.. If you click on Press then it has pictures of both sides.

Someone else is going to have to buy this one before I do. I'm tired of buying bluetooth headsets.
    What about the Shure QuietSpot? I'm thinking of getting one and have never come across a bad review (most users rave about it).
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    What about the Shure QuietSpot? I'm thinking of getting one and have never come across a bad review (most users rave about it).
    The quietspot is wired , I have 1 of those too, but are one the best wired.
  11.    #11  
    Well, this is what happened and how i found this.

I got really tired of buying and returning all the other headsets that simply did not work. I got pissed and fed up and decided to just forget about this bluetooth idea.

So here i was at Fry's returning the plantronics and then decided to to walk to the bluetooth isle.... and out of fustration, i pulled off from the rack the cheapest bluetooth headset i could find. It was an unknown generic brand!!

Went home, charged it up and he worked brilliantly for the next few days, however, it was the most uncomfortable head set i wore.

I then proceeded to do a little research and found the manufacturers who made this. Low and behold i found the original manufacturers, and realised that the brand i bought from Fry's was made by them. So i bought another style which is the Anycom hs 790....

Looks really big, but smaller then the sony that 660.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayizaac
    . . .I then proceeded to do a little research and found the manufacturers who made this. Low and behold i found the original manufacturers, and realised that the brand i bought from Fry's was made by them. So i bought another style which is the Anycom hs 790....
    Let me get this straight. So the model you bought at Fry's was not the 790 but (probably) a lower model? And is this Anycom 790 comfortable enough for you? Does it stay on well?

Also, their website mention something about voice-dialing. Does it work with the Treo650? I think I already know the answer to this one but one can only hope.

Can you redial from the headset?
    - Greg

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
    Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
  13.    #13  
    Hey...

The brand i found at Fry's was not the Anycom brand, it was another headset with a different name that was made by Anycom... this is what i found out. In fact it looked exactly like the Anycom hs-880, but very flimzy and uncomfortable!

It fits perfectly and stays on very well. You are able to adjust the rubber ring to fit your ear. Placing the headset around your ear when a call comes it can be done with one swift motion and very easily.

Redialing can be done very easily too!!...with a push of a button for two sec and a beep makes it happen.
    does it come with a case?
  15.    #15  
    No
    Not sure if the HS790 accepts eargels
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Hmm, for $39.99 how bad can it be? lol
    I think I'll order one just for fun and post my comments later.