1.    #1  
    1. How do I remove old ones that are not being used anymore and weren't deleted with their respective program?

2. I migrated from a Kyocera 7135, which had Palm OS 4, which had slightly different names for the built-in apps (for instance, Date Book instead of the current Calendar). I simply installed the new Palm Desktop when I migrated to the Treo 650. Initially, there were the "old" conduits listed like "Date Book" with "Do Nothing" selected. They are now only intermittently there when I look at the "Custom" menu in Hotsync. Any ideas on this? Does this have any implications? In particular, does this have anything to do with the below Hotsync error I'm getting?

Outlook Calendar
    The attempt to open the database failed.
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    OLERR:05-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001

Since there is no longer a "Date Book" app, I've "invoked" the Calendar app as suggested above, without any success...any thoughts/fixes?
    Hey acoustic,

I'll give it a try. This time I won't interpret your response as an insult.

I'm a mac user, and I have a very limited knowledge of things, but a few ideas.

I think this is how it works. There are two sync conduits for some applications that exist both on the computer and on the handheld. For instance, there are two conduits for memos. On the phone the app is called "memos", and on the palm desktop it's "memo pad". If you look in the conduits folder, you'll see both of these conduits, and you can set them individually. For todos, there are two conduits, one called "tasks", (the app on your handheld),and "todo" which is on palm desktop. For your calendar, it's "datebook" on the palm desktop, and "calendar" on your handheld. So I'm not sure which database hotsync is looking for, but it sounds like it's looking for the datebook conduit, which you need.

The question is which conduits in your folder belong to which version of palm. I would go into your conduits folder, and perhaps try sorting by date, as the new conduits should have a newer creation date. Once you locate the old conduits, put them in the disabled conduits folder. I would also look in the disabled conduits folder and see if a new conduit you need might have accidentally landed in there during installation. Maybe someone else has more insight, but I would start there...

Clue
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Cluemeister. Sounds like the the Mac Palm folder is a bit more organized. I just everything lumped into one big folder called "Palm", no conduits folder or disabled conduits folder. I'm having a hard time telling which items are actually conduits. And man, do I have some old stuff in here! Any idea how I can go about figuring out what is what? Is there anyway to "purge" unused items? I use my Palm a lot but when it comes to this, I'm pretty clueless...

But it also seems that the Mac version of Palm Desktop must be different. I no longer have apps like "Date Book". The desktop version has the same name as the handheld version, ie "Calendar".
    acoustic,

Here's the palm link for upgrading to a 650 and it includes folder location information. Hope it helps.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,CASE=obj(14403)