1.    #1  
    Hello all.

Are there any cases or straps out there that could be used to carry the Treo 650 while running or biking?

I just bought a set of stereo headphone for the Treo 650 (which also double as a handfree system). With a 1GB SD card and a smaller footprint then my Neuros 256MB brick, it makes more sense to me to carry my Treo instead of my real audio player.

I have one of the pocket/beltclip combos (came in a car kit package), but I'm hoping there is something better for more physical movements.

Thanks!
    I'm actually looking for the same thing. I would like a case that i can use so that I can listen to MP3's while running. Something like an arm strap case, and relatively cheap if possible. I have heard of people using some kind of Ipod case for this as they are close to the same size but I can't find the Ipod case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I do mountain biking and I would be very hesitant to use an armband or hip mounted case as that's what I usually land on ina tumble and better to break a bone than the Treo. On the narrow trails I use, those darn trees have a habit of jumping out in front of you when you least expect it, and clipping a hip or shoulder is a common occurence.

I have loops on the front straps of my Camelback and I'd suggest using a clip to hang a clip equipped case to there or a belt loop case and run the canelback strap through it. Otherwise, i'f throw it in one of the pockets of my camelback.
    I would also be hesitant to put it on an armband while mountain biking on trails. But I plan on running on well paved paths so falling and/or running into branches or trees would hopefully be a non-issue.
    Sentinal10 - The biking stuff was for the original poster, Hoagie.
    I also think it would be nice - I'm training for a marathon, and have some long runs planned out in the middle of nowhere. I would like to have the option to carry a cell phone without carring a backpack.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I have been putting the phone, in it's belt case, into a bento box on the bike or in the seat bag next to the tube. It's easy to use bluetooth headset for phone calls but can't use the mp3 too well this way. I have tried to listen to music with the phone and the adapter in a jersey pocket.

For my running, I have put the phone in a water belt access. pocket.

I have not tried enything for swimming but this looks interesting:
    http://www.waterproofmusic.com/smallmp3.html

Would love to find something more like an armband case for my bike and run.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I also think it would be nice - I'm training for a marathon, and have some long runs planned out in the middle of nowhere. I would like to have the option to carry a cell phone without carring a backpack.

GrinderGear made a water resistant case but their web site is dead. I still find a lot of places selling the thing tho. Here's a review.

http://www.bargainpda.com/?newsID=1667

Another option if ya are a GSM user and just wanna be in touch say in case of an injury is to get a cheap cell phone and swap the card out.
    Quote Originally Posted by billgall
    It's easy to use bluetooth headset for phone calls
    Your helmet / straps don't interfere ? No that I am interested <grin>. I get on a bike to get away from it all.....only reason I carry phone is if one of those trees jump out in front of me or I screw up a log jump / whatever and I need to call for help to carry me out. Also, when riding with friends, answering a phone on a trail ride is likely to get me beat up or have me crash into something. As for making calls, I imagine with all my heavy breathing, everyone would hang up on the "obscene caller" <grin>.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Your helmet / straps don't interfere ? No that I am interested <grin>. I get on a bike to get away from it all...
    I wear it so the babysitter can reach me for any problems or if there's just some call that I might have to stop for to handle. If I waited until my sched. was completely free, I'd never get to excercise. Wearing the bluetooth makes it easier to keep going if the call is not important or the matter is quickly resolved. Any serious conversation, I have to stop running/biking.

I use the bluespoon ax and/or the Logitech Freedom. the logitech sounds better if i expect to be speaking much. Downhill wind noise is impossible with either. The bluespoon ax is better for the long rides and easier to wear.
    I bought the tunebelt (http://www.tunebelt.com/ab2) ab2, had a drycleaner stitch holes for the antenna and for the headset, and it works beautifully! The only minor issue is that there is a plastic cover to protect the area where the buttons are (actually, on the IPod, it's to protect the screen), that will press some of the buttons, especially when you cinch it down on your arm. I just start my music and lock the keyboard.
    Thanks this is just what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGlacier
    I bought the tunebelt (http://www.tunebelt.com/ab2) ab2, had a drycleaner stitch holes for the antenna and for the headset, and it works beautifully! The only minor issue is that there is a plastic cover to protect the area where the buttons are (actually, on the IPod, it's to protect the screen), that will press some of the buttons, especially when you cinch it down on your arm. I just start my music and lock the keyboard.
    Since you guys all listen to music on your treo 650, could I get some feedback on how good of an audio player the treo is? Is the volume decent through the headphones? How is the quality (cracking?, etc)? Thanks for any feedback! Mike
    no problems with volume. Actually i keep the volume on real player one click above 0 and hear fine with the palmone hybrid headset. quality is great. I'm not an audiophile but the headphones sound better then my creative desktop speakers. this will vary depending on encoding quality, headset quality, and what player you are using.
    I had posted about the armband awhile ago...I guess the pictures werent great so it didnt get a response... but it is the tunebelt ab2.

I find the plastic covering the keys is actually convenient because while your sweaty hands are at the gym...you can press the buttons and not have to worry about grime depositing on the keys.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...hlight=armband
    Bridges -

It was actually on your suggestion I sought it out... thanks - works great!
    anyone considered this? It less bulky but no frontal protection.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/speckpro...4garmband.html

will this hold the 650 the same way it holds the ipod?
    I jog daily and found that the Nutshell case was the safest, easiest to use case for me.