1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 seems to be corrupting my SD cards.

I have two Lexar cards and the exact same thing happens to both of them on a regular basis. The name of the card and many of the directory names get changed, with the last letter of the name becoming the letter two up in the alphabet -- for instance, the card's name "LEXAR" gets changed to "LEXAP" and the "AUDIO" directory changes to "AUDIM." And all the data gets corrupted.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? It sounds like I have a bad Treo if the exact same thing is happening with two cards.

Thanks,
    Walter
    Probably a dumb question, but did you format the cards? I bought a new SD card, and while I could perform some r/w functions, I continued to have problems until I bought a SD reader/writer and reformatted the card. Since then everything has been fine.
    I just got my SD card and the first thing i did after inserting it into the palm was to format it. It takes about 1000ms to complete.
    Hmm, I guess I didn't explain myself very well. It worked better after formatting in the card reader. Before then, formatting in the Palm didn't seem to correct the problem. Glad it worked for you, though, crazy_vag.
  5.    #5  
    I have formatted the cards in my Treo, but not with my card reader. I'll give that a shot, though. The cards seem to work fine for anywhere between a few hours and a couple of days, though -- I store MP3s on the card and play them back no problem. Eventually, though, the card always gets corrupted, even if I "lock" it.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterJ
    I have formatted the cards in my Treo, but not with my card reader. I'll give that a shot, though. The cards seem to work fine for anywhere between a few hours and a couple of days, though -- I store MP3s on the card and play them back no problem. Eventually, though, the card always gets corrupted, even if I "lock" it.
    I had a San Disk 256 mb card in my T650 and it completely died. I could
    not reformat it or anything, I could not even use Softick PPP to open it.
    Every program I tried simply said the card was not there.

Maybe the T650 makes the cards invisible like that stupid movie
    with Kevin Bacon - Invisible Man.

Anyways I went to Comp USA and they have 1 Gigabyte Sd cards
    for $70.00. It is made by PNY/Sony with a lifetime warranty.

Peace - Mark
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central