1.    #1  
    I tried the evaluation version of CallShield, and uninstalled it when the eval expired. When I tried installing it again the other day, it won't run in eval mode, asking me to enter a key.

How does the program know it's been installed on the phone before? I am still not sure if I want to purchase the program or not, but I am curious as how it knows that I had evaluated the software once before.

I've used FileZ to look through the different flies, but CallShield doesn't seem to be leaving anything behind.

Thank you.
    It's the equilivent of the Windoz registry. There are a couple of programs that can edit the file; otherwise, you gotta pay for it and that may not fix it. I purchased a program I had tested much earlier and had the same problem. I eventually had to edit the registry and delete references to it. Ben
  3.    #3  
    What's the file name?
    Right, it is probably referenced in one of the preferences files. Unless you can identify the right pointer and delete it, you'll need to do a hard reset and restore excluding those files. Of course you'll also have to reinstall all of your 3rd party code and enter their keys too.
    Use InWatch Uninstaller whenever installing shareware apps, then you'll be sure you remove every last trace when you delete it.
    I do not remember the name of the file and the machine it was installed on died due to a Coke infection. I will PM you concerning it. As a note, with some installation and regisration methods, an uninstaller does not guarantee the desired results. Ben
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for all your help, Ben. I appreciate it.