1.    #1  
    It was a rainy morning.

On the way into the company building, I had to make a quick phone call so I took it out. But the floor was too slippery and I slipped my one foot.. as I was losing my balance, Treo650 was also slipped out of my hand.

BAM!

Battery cover removed, battery came out. The scene was horrific!

But to my amazement, my treo 650 was dent-free! Perhaps because it was a marble floor, the damage could have been better off than asphalt but no dent at all was pretty surprising.

So far the voice quality for both speaker and microphone seem to be un-damaged. Other functionalities seem to be working fine.. I dont have mini-jack or hands-free so could not test the jack but everything else is as good as before the accident.

Treo is one sturdy machine, I say!

I just hope PalmOne would ship me the i-volution case as soon as possible. It'se been a few weeks yet I haven't heard anything from them yet..
    I dropped mine getting out of the car. wow....looks like I dropped it on the ground...and held it down with one foot and grinded it all over the place. this thing is pretty weak.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    the answer is put Egrip on the bottom of your shoes, no slips...
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    I dropped mine getting out of the car. wow....looks like I dropped it on the ground...and held it down with one foot and grinded it all over the place. this thing is pretty weak.
    Wha?
    I almost dropped mine when I was using speaker phone with my 4 year old. He suddenly decided to flail his arms about and quite accidentally it my hand from below. The Treo flew up into the air about 1 foot. It seemed like it bounced out of my hand two more times before I finally managed to grasp it.

I now have the S650 case from TreoCentral, and I must say it exceeded my expectations. I was worried about finding buttons through the silicone, but they made raised portions above each button, so it has the same button feel. I won't protect the screen directly, but it provides slip resistance and good corner protection. Now I just need a case that will allow it to go in and out a little easier than my NiteIze case which is a bit too snug.

Laters,

Tendolla650
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    gee, my dad dropped his 650, now the keyboards all messed up...haven't had time to take it in to sprint.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I dropped mine on a tile (ceramic) floor--almost caught it at about knee height, so total height dropped was less than 2 feet. It landed on the top corner and broke the screen. Sprint said it was not repairable. Fortunately, I have computer insurance with my homeowners policy (USAA) with a $100 deductible. My credit card is covering the deductible, since it happened in the first 90 days.

So I was lucky to get a new one with no out of pocket expense. I try to be even more careful with the new one knowing what even a small drop can do if it takes an impact in the wrong place.
    Let's turn this conversation toward cases. We've now heard about the S650, what else is out there now and what to people like? I think I want something like I had for my T3, a unit that has a flip that covers the screen w/ a magenetic clasp on the back. Maybe like this Bellagio
    I dropped mine from almost five feet to a tile floor. Nothing not even a scratch the battery case flew off and the battery came out but everything works fine. I wondered about the structural integrity of the 650 compared to the one piece construction of the 600. I thought it would be weaker, but with the battery cover able to come loss I wonder if it doesn't act like a crumple zone similar to the front end of many cars. Because it is not attached the resulting impact is absorbed by the battery door before it can do damage. S&%t I got too much time on my hands.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
  10.    #10  
    The only side effect from the above accident for me that I found so far is non-reactive "P" key. I know that "P" key has been the centre of keyboard issues before, but mine seemed to be working fine, showingsome responsiveness. (clicking down and coming back up)

Now it's like touching touch-screen. it does not go down when I press, it does not come up afterawards, either. It still recognize my push and enter "p" so functionality is okay, but it seems like either spring is completely. But not sure if it's from the accident or not since I haven't used "p" key for a few days..

BTW regarding the case, I called Palm1 and they had no clue about it.. Doh!
    I was dressing VERY casual for a flight to Sacramento. It fell out of my sweatshirt pocket onto the floor at O'hare. I did the catch it with your foot thing as best I could. Battery door and battery flew off. I reassembled it and it looked fine.

The only problem. I was peeing at the infinite row of urinals when it happened. It fell on a floor where no Treo should ever have to go. And it was the day after Christmas, so there were plenty of latrine users.

Poor guy. He's fine, but I think the emotional damage of laying on an airport floor covered in- well I can't go there unless I want to be banned from this site- has taken its toll.

My sister had some of those baby wipes and I had some anitbacterial hand lotion. I did the best I could. Its been two weeks now. No strange odors or unexplained illnesses. So I guess I'm lucky...
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeno
    I was dressing VERY casual for a flight to Sacramento. It fell out of my sweatshirt pocket onto the floor at O'hare. I did the catch it with your foot thing as best I could. Battery door and battery flew off. I reassembled it and it looked fine.

The only problem. I was peeing at the infinite row of urinals when it happened. It fell on a floor where no Treo should ever have to go. And it was the day after Christmas, so there were plenty of latrine users.

Poor guy. He's fine, but I think the emotional damage of laying on an airport floor covered in- well I can't go there unless I want to be banned from this site- has taken its toll.

My sister had some of those baby wipes and I had some anitbacterial hand lotion. I did the best I could. Its been two weeks now. No strange odors or unexplained illnesses. So I guess I'm lucky...

I feel your pain. Mine fell on the floor at work and bounce two times. SD card ejected out. The strange thing is I could not find any damage to the phone unlike when I dropped my 600. Then a couple of days ago I was fixing my hair and had left my phone on top of the toilet tank and it started ringing on vibrate. Decided to ingore the call and then "bloink" down it went. Took me a good 3 secs before I realized it was my phone since I was so preoccuppied with my damn hair. Just glad it was clean water but when I got it out it started to reset then blank screen. I imediately took the battery out and shook most of the water out. Blasted the blow dryer on it for a good 20 min or so. Waited another 30 and put the battery back on and it was fine. There was a water spot on the screen but it eventually went away. So far its been working and no sign of any electrical damage. Thank god it had a removable battery otherwise im pretty sure something wouldve shorted out.
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    I dropped mine on a tile (ceramic) floor--almost caught it at about knee height, so total height dropped was less than 2 feet. It landed on the top corner and broke the screen. Sprint said it was not repairable. Fortunately, I have computer insurance with my homeowners policy (USAA) with a $100 deductible. My credit card is covering the deductible, since it happened in the first 90 days.

So I was lucky to get a new one with no out of pocket expense. I try to be even more careful with the new one knowing what even a small drop can do if it takes an impact in the wrong place.
    USAA has separate computer insurance? I am going to have to call them again. I called on the treo itself saying it was a phone but, they did not have separate phone insurance, but it would be covered under my Homeowners. Which does me no good with a $500 deductable.