Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    It does NOT! Really? do tell... I didn't think... can you VERIFY that it's a native PDF?

Thanks!
    Hi guys, I understand the confusion, so let me see if I can clear this up.

There is no NATIVE PDF reader for the Treo. Period.

Adobe Reader 3.05 for the Palm OS reads PDF files that are first converted to PDB files by the PC component of that app. If someone emails you a PDF and you retrieve it from your Treo directly, Adobe Reader for Palm will NOT be able to read it. It wont see it. It has to be converted to a compatible PDB file for Adobe Reader for Palm to read it.

If you have a PDF you want to see in your Treo, you need to select it with the PC component of the Adobe Reader for Palm, and sync it using Hotsync. This converts the PDF file to a PDB file, and THEN you will be able to read it on your Treo.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Yeah, I understood that too. What the hell was markdj saying, then -- total BS? He must've converted the file, and had no idea? I would be stoked if Cingular bundled a "special" version. Yeah, right.
    Just reiterating... with Win-Hand Anywhere, you CAN view text or graphic .pdf files on your Treo (via your PC)... it's the only solution I know of at this time.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    well, that's a bit of hack, you know, remote-ing into your PC... I'm not down with that. rather have the instantaneous ability to view my work (all my invoices, documents, final art), as they end up being PDFs anyway. I wish Picsel Viewer was either released or hacked already. Nice idea, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Yeah, I understood that too. What the hell was markdj saying, then -- total BS? He must've converted the file, and had no idea? I would be stoked if Cingular bundled a "special" version. Yeah, right.
    I'm not sure what you guys are talking about! I did not do any conversion. I just renamed it xyz.pdf.pdb and it worked.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Well, we don't know what we're talking about perhaps because you left out that little detail about renaming the extension?

Now, I'm intrigued. I wonder if the desktop app actually does anything, other than renaming the file (probably)?
    I tried emailing the pdf file to pdf2txt@adobe.com. I didn't get any return email. However, I then tried emailing the pdf file to pdf2html@adobe.com. I received a quick return email with the pdf file now in html format! I opened it on Blazer and it looked good.

Good enough for me - I hope it works every time.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    When I tried it, the reply included the html file in a zipped file that I couldn't open. Is there a free unzipper for Palm, or was my receiving the file zipped an aberration?
    Download a trial of Snappermail, which comes with handzipper lite. You can then unzip the file.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Send your feedback to arfeedback@adobe.com and let the folks at Adobe know how you feel about lack of native PDF support for Palm OS.
    I've found this conversion service (pdf2txt) to take 12-24 hours on the 3 times I've used it. Once it failed to ever reply.

Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I tried emailing the pdf file to pdf2txt@adobe.com. I didn't get any return email. However, I then tried emailing the pdf file to pdf2html@adobe.com. I received a quick return email with the pdf file now in html format! I opened it on Blazer and it looked good.

Good enough for me - I hope it works every time.
    Has anybody tried this software??

http://www.ansyr.com/products/palm/p...15/default.asp
    Wow markdj, that would be great to be able to just rename a file and then view it. Did you download it from email and then rename it? What did you use to rename it with?
    I put a pdf on my sd card and tried renaming it, but acrobat didn't recognize it, I probably did something wrong. Thanks
    Wayne
    If you use the WebViewer browser, you can view .pdf files on your Treo that you access on the internet. The proxy converts those files to a Treo-viewable format.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I tried http://www.ansyr.com/products/palm/...p15/default.asp and it doens't display properly on the treo 650.
    Wayne
    Why can't we have something like this:

http://www.nttdocomo.com/presscenter...ase.html?param[no]=537
    You know that survery from palmone about their documentation.....
    I asked why it is in a format that that palm can't even open easily...
    will it change? or them add native pdf ability......
    Where on my SD card do I have to save the .pdf or .pdb for Acrobat to see it?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast