Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Sorry if it is posted else where but when is this ROM update going to be release and where is it documented that P1 is going to put it out?
    What is the latest ROM, are there upgrades already out that people are using. (non hack)?

My Treo is 1.03-spcs Hardware: A
    Last edited by g.711; 01/07/2005 at 01:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Read my post in the "Palm at CES" thread. Summary: there is an upate, it improves the 512 byte memory efficiency & BT DUN, P1 is done w/ their part, it's waiting on Sprint now. It is not intended to fix stability/crash issues; which P1 believes to be the fault of bad 3rd party app code. That's what they told me anyway.

ERic
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    thanks thats what I was looking for
    But what does it do for voice quality?? For those of us with the new ROM from SM, we'd gain memory advantages but lose the voice fix.

Or, will they fix that just not announce it to avoid the need to admit the problem ever existed...
    Quote Originally Posted by MHR
    Or, will they fix that just not announce it to avoid the need to admit the problem ever existed...
    Bingo! Very likely.

Besides, by now I'm sure SM knows enough to take their fixed ROM and "FIX" it more. (ie. add the sound quality patch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Bingo! Very likely.

Besides, by now I'm sure SM knows enough to take their fixed ROM and "FIX" it more. (ie. add the sound quality patch)
    Palmone developed the sound quality patch (not shadowmite) It is very unlikely that they would release a rom udate that didn't include it, or a better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Palmone developed the sound quality patch (not shadowmite) It is very unlikely that they would release a rom udate that didn't include it, or a better one.
    yup yup
    Does anyone know if this new patch will cure my bluetooth mute/umute/don't ever touch the keyboard during a call if you hope to hear anybody on your BT headset problem?

If not, does Mr. Mite have a homebrewed ROM from this?
    There are P1 software and hardware bugs...not all are 3rd party app problems.

Wish that P1 would stop copping out on that.

So the patch is coming...supposedly...we should start a betting pool...
    Does the 650 support FOTA? Sprint recently announced that it would begin using FOTA and the LG PM325 already has a FOTA update available. If the 650 supports it, an update might be coming very soon.
    what is FOTA?
    Isnt that the greek cheese made from goat's milk?
    Yes, I know this. What I am saying is if for some reason P1 doesn't include it, I'm sure SM can add it.

what is FOTA?
    Firmware Over The Air
    The firmware over the air could very well be a feature on the 650. I've seen several references to OTA in the rom, but those could be the PRL download ability... Couldn't say for certain, but I hope not honestly... If they update via the air, I'll have a heck of a time capturing the un-installed rom image to look at!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Isnt that the greek cheese made from goat's milk?
    Greek cheese yes. But with sheeps milk.
    Welll I dont want that stuff over the air, i dont care how good it is!
    The cheese is FETA! Hope this FOTA will not be a wolf in sheeps clothing and eat our Treo's from inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by michael1
    Greek cheese yes. But with sheeps milk.
    Yes, I know this. What I am saying is if for some reason P1 doesn't include it, I'm sure SM can add it.
    Actually you began your original post by saying:

Bingo! Very likely.
    You said this in response to a question as to whether the ROM update would include the sound quality patch. I don't think there is any reason or basis to believe that P1 wouldn't include a sound qaulity patch and I think that is what sxtg was addressing when they pointed out that the patch people are now getting thanks to Shadow's site originally came from P1.
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The firmware over the air could very well be a feature on the 650. I've seen several references to OTA in the rom, but those could be the PRL download ability... Couldn't say for certain, but I hope not honestly... If they update via the air, I'll have a heck of a time capturing the un-installed rom image to look at!
    No way to extract the image with a serial cable from someone who hasn't hacked thier rom and then compare the changes with what you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobookins
    Actually you began your original post by saying:

You said this in response to a question as to whether the ROM update would include the sound quality patch. I don't think there is any reason or basis to believe that P1 wouldn't include a sound qaulity patch and I think that is what sxtg was addressing when they pointed out that the patch people are now getting thanks to Shadow's site originally came from P1.

Read my post again. I think it's very clear. I even quoted the part of the post I was responding to.

And regarding my response to SXTG, he implied that I thought SM made the sound quality patch. Like I said, I realize P1 did.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast